PDA

View Full Version : 601 undertoning

Custom Search

Synaux
12-29-2013, 06:16 AM
Got a 601 that is undertoning like a baritone singer with the delusion of thinking its a mezzo-soprano...
This machine has about 10k on it after installing a PM, Fixing rollers (upper and lower) and drum and a thorough cleaning.

The imaging adjustments in service mode for these machines is pathetic for these machines, but I did what I could.

I'm at a loss here.

Any advise?

minimerlin
12-29-2013, 04:50 PM
I take it that you carried out the usual set up procedures after you changed the dev etc as well as cleaning out the toner recycler. Counters reset? Are all the dev tank gears OK and not stripped?

Synaux
12-30-2013, 01:43 AM
I take it that you carried out the usual set up procedures after you changed the dev etc as well as cleaning out the toner recycler. Counters reset? Are all the dev tank gears OK and not stripped?

Yep, the normal adjustments were made in SM and reset counters.
I will clean the recycler and check the gears probably tomorrow and report back.

RRodgers
12-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Did you vac the sensor under the drum?

SmellsHot
12-30-2013, 11:56 AM
If you vacuumed out everything, cleared appropriate counters, cleaned sensors, and ran thru adjustments(correctly)......I would check LD1 and LD2....and adjust accordingly. After bumping them up a little bit run 50 double sided test pattern #12's.......This test pattern is my savior on these crappy engines.....

Synaux
12-30-2013, 05:01 PM
It seems that it simply had not recovered the lost toner from an entirely empty toner bottle--I was lucky enough to see it sticking out of the trashcan when I arrived this morning.
I decided to do a series of Load Checks and worked like a charm.

It has a bit of a blotchy look with halftone tests and there is also a weird fade on the lead edge on 11x17 halftone (255) duplex only on one side for about a 1/4" but not really noticeable with other tests/prints.

If you vacuumed out everything, cleared appropriate counters, cleaned sensors, and ran thru adjustments(correctly)......I would check LD1 and LD2....and adjust accordingly. After bumping them up a little bit run 50 double sided test pattern #12's.......This test pattern is my savior on these crappy engines.....

I actually forgot to mention that I played with the LD1/2 values, but it was only noticeable for its test prints. However, this reminds me that I need to bump the LD1/2 values back down a bit.

I didn't even know test pattern #12 existed. Apparently neither does Konica, the service manual in bold: "NOTE • Be careful not to output the test pattern of any number not given in this service manual." Its not listed in my manual.
Beware of the nefarious test patterns (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40&feature=youtu.be)!

Did you vac the sensor under the drum?
Yep, but if there are any more issues I will recheck it. Thanks

RRodgers
12-30-2013, 05:18 PM
You may have killed it. I never vac those things, just clean them off with a rag.

Synaux
12-30-2013, 05:58 PM
You may have killed it. I never vac those things, just clean them off with a rag.

Oh, I answered your question generically as a question of cleaning it--I don't think I actually used a vacuum when I did everything--it was a few months ago.
I tend to not use a vacuum around electronics, thanks for the warning though! :)

Custom Search