PDA

View Full Version : Size DOES matter, C450 copy length changes

Custom Search

sunsetoutpost
12-31-2013, 10:01 PM
I've got a Bizhub C450 that will start out at 17" long (on 12x18) and after about 50 copies the image grows to 17-1/4". Fuser transport speed is not turned up, sensors are clean, I exchanged the vertical transport and still she grows on both sides. Don't know if it would continue as I have only run 75 or so.

wseyller
12-31-2013, 11:11 PM
Did the image get larger or did the paper shrink?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
01-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Are these 50 copies of one original? If it's one original you've ruled out the document feeder. If multiple originals, you may have a drive problem in the DF.

Is it only stretched in the feed direction? If yes, it sounds like drive speed varying. Maybe fuser speed, maybe primary transfer belt speed. I
If no, ... well I can't think of a situation in which the size would vary in both the feed and crossfeed directions. =^..^=

sunsetoutpost
01-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Sorry, should have given more details. These are printed copies of one 2-page file, not off the glass. Yes, the image stretched, not the paper shrunk. I've got a big hammer in the car . . .

Image belt would have to slow down or paper speed up. I'll change the belt and experiment some more.

Albonline
01-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Sorry, should have given more details. These are printed copies of one 2-page file, not off the glass. Yes, the image stretched, not the paper shrunk. I've got a big hammer in the car . . .

Image belt would have to slow down or paper speed up. I'll change the belt and experiment some more.

Fuser loop sensor stuck on?

Custom Search