PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Scanning issue

Custom Search

peppiebro
01-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Hi all,
Have a Bizhub 501 with a scanning issue. When scan to email is used you can only scan one page. From the moment you want to scan 2 or more it stops and says that it can't make a connection. Same with scan to folder using SMB. There's also a bizhub 451 connected on the same network and that one works fine so don't think there's a network problem.
Copying doesn't give any trouble. Printing is also fine.
Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks.
Peter

CompyTech
01-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Hi all,
Have a Bizhub 501 with a scanning issue. When scan to email is used you can only scan one page. From the moment you want to scan 2 or more it stops and says that it can't make a connection. Same with scan to folder using SMB. There's also a bizhub 451 connected on the same network and that one works fine so don't think there's a network problem.
Copying doesn't give any trouble. Printing is also fine.
Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks.
Peter

I'm not 100% on this but, I think there's a setting somewhere to set the default attachment size limit in the machine. I would snoop around in the scan settings to find it.

wseyller
01-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Does it have a hard drive installed? Not sure if it would relate but I remember a different model that will allow scanning multiple pages but it creates a PDF for each page when no HDD is installed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

peppiebro
01-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Does it have a hard drive installed? Not sure if it would relate but I remember a different model that will allow scanning multiple pages but it creates a PDF for each page when no HDD is installed.

No there's no hdd. But it has always worked fine. It does create a PDF for each page when set to single page in the scanning menu.

wseyller
01-02-2014, 11:34 PM
This is likely your issue:

Using scan to SMB or E-mail, one page is fine but multiple pages will not go through. The job log indicates they were deleted due to error.
Solution
CAUSE: Corruption of data on the CF card.

SOLUTION: Rewrite the Base level 10.0 Recovery firmware directly to the CF card:
1. Remove the CF Card from the problem machine.
2. Erase the files from the CF Card (DO NOT format the card).
3. Download the Recovery firmware to a temporary folder on your PC and unzip it.
4. Copy the Base firmware files to the CF card.
5. Install the CF card in the problem machine and switch machine ON.
6. Upgrade the firmware to Base version 20 via USB.
If necessary, restore network settings as follows:
1. In Admin mode → Network setting, set to OFF.
2. Switch machine OFF/ON.
3. In Service Mode → System 1 → Initialization, initialize Network setting data.
4. Switch machine OFF/ON.
5. In Admin mode → Network setting, set to ON.
6. Switch machine OFF/ON.
7. Enter the network settings.
If the problem is not resolved, replace the CF card (p/n A0R7 R701 00 for bizhub 361, p/n A0R6 R701 00 for bizhub 421 and p/n A0R5 R711 00 for bizhub 501).

peppiebro
01-03-2014, 06:34 AM
This is likely your issue:

Using scan to SMB or E-mail, one page is fine but multiple pages will not go through. The job log indicates they were deleted due to error.
Solution
CAUSE: Corruption of data on the CF card.

SOLUTION: Rewrite the Base level 10.0 Recovery firmware directly to the CF card:
1. Remove the CF Card from the problem machine.
2. Erase the files from the CF Card (DO NOT format the card).
3. Download the Recovery firmware to a temporary folder on your PC and unzip it.
4. Copy the Base firmware files to the CF card.
5. Install the CF card in the problem machine and switch machine ON.
6. Upgrade the firmware to Base version 20 via USB.
If necessary, restore network settings as follows:
1. In Admin mode → Network setting, set to OFF.
2. Switch machine OFF/ON.
3. In Service Mode → System 1 → Initialization, initialize Network setting data.
4. Switch machine OFF/ON.
5. In Admin mode → Network setting, set to ON.
6. Switch machine OFF/ON.
7. Enter the network settings.
If the problem is not resolved, replace the CF card (p/n A0R7 R701 00 for bizhub 361, p/n A0R6 R701 00 for bizhub 421 and p/n A0R5 R711 00 for bizhub 501).

Thanks. Will surely try this.

Custom Search