PDA

View Full Version : new c350 k imaging unit bad?

Custom Search

tmc209
01-03-2014, 05:12 AM
Here is one I've not run into before - I just received a new black imaging unit and installed it. I had to put the chip from my old IU in to make it work at all and now the ATDC is ranging around 12%. What am I missing - is this just a defective new part?

EarthKmTech
01-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Here is one I've not run into before - I just received a new black imaging unit and installed it. I had to put the chip from my old IU in to make it work at all and now the ATDC is ranging around 12%. What am I missing - is this just a defective new part?
Where did yoy get it from?
Ius are region locked via the chip.

If it told you it didn't like the new iu till u swapped the chip over. This will be your problem. Ie wrong region.

tmc209
01-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Thank you for your reply! I purchased it from a supplier here in California; so I would not have thought region would be an issue.

Is the ADTC sensor regional as well? It appears to have a different part number new vs. old.

Is there anyway to determine if indeed it is for a different region (ie part number or serial number) so that I can respond intelligently to my supplier?

907tec
01-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Very possible that you received an imaging unit for the C351/C450. The units are identical, aside from the coding of the chip that you swapped. When a C351 IU is installed in a C350, it will give a message saying something like "wrong IU installed" or "Install correct IU". If your machine is a Bizhub C350, you need IU-310K. If it is a C351/C450, you need IU-410K. Our shop reprograms the chips to make these imaging units interchangeable across these models, so we are no stranger to seeing the "wrong IU" message. Not sure if it is easier for you to return the entire item or to acquire just the chip, but my money is on the chip being programmed incorrectly for your device.

Albonline
01-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Very possible that you received an imaging unit for the C351/C450. The units are identical, aside from the coding of the chip that you swapped. When a C351 IU is installed in a C350, it will give a message saying something like "wrong IU installed" or "Install correct IU". If your machine is a Bizhub C350, you need IU-310K. If it is a C351/C450, you need IU-410K. Our shop reprograms the chips to make these imaging units interchangeable across these models, so we are no stranger to seeing the "wrong IU" message. Not sure if it is easier for you to return the entire item or to acquire just the chip, but my money is on the chip being programmed incorrectly for your device.

you may have got hold of a c450 image unit c350 and c450 use same color units but different blacks.

Custom Search