PDA

View Full Version : Error C4551 and C4554

Custom Search

johva
01-06-2014, 04:52 PM
We just sold a C353 with only 7K and it worked fine until the cold weather arrived. It then displayed a C4554 error. We changed the black laser and updated firmware. No help. Reinstalled the old laser and upgraded firmware worked fine until the next morning and got a C4551 as well as a C4554 code.

I did some research and read that I would need a special firmware upgrade G2A-09. Any thoughts. Please advise.

Thank you,

Johva

JustManuals
01-06-2014, 06:14 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Tonerjockey.com
01-06-2014, 06:34 PM
It's pretty straight forward. Update the firmware and it's likely to solve the problem. I have seen that even with a firmware update, the print heads may need to be changed. There is an FOC program for that with Konica.

Good Luck

Nate

Motormount
01-08-2014, 01:52 AM
Yep, firmware update, and if you have to change one, replace them all. They come as a set and fail as a set mostly. One of our guys replaced just the one that coded. Next day the next one in line coded. Fun times.

mntech
01-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Hello,
A customer of mine is getting the C4551 error code, I would like to try firmware update before replacing the PH unit

I don't have access to Konica Minolta tech portal, can anybody provide me with the latest firmware please?

Thanks,
MNTECH

johva
01-10-2014, 09:37 PM
It's pretty straight forward. Update the firmware and it's likely to solve the problem. I have seen that even with a firmware update, the print heads may need to be changed. There is an FOC program for that with Konica.

Good Luck

Nate

Yep, firmware update, and if you have to change one, replace them all. They come as a set and fail as a set mostly. One of our guys replaced just the one that coded. Next day the next one in line coded. Fun times.

Thanks for your reply. It took us a while to get back to this machine. This is where we are at now. We installed G00-R6 and GWH-R6 firmware and the machine fired up with no laser error code. However on boot up it displays "Unable to connect to auth. device. Check connection and turn main switch OFF and ON." We disabled HDD in Tech Rep Mode and it boots up just fine. Bad HDD maybe? An easy fix. This C353 is ready to copy It will copy scan and print just fine but no blue ready light. We've had this happen in the past and the firmware update fixed it. Not this time. Your input would be appreciated. Thanks again Johva.

djwhoo
02-05-2014, 11:36 PM
We just sold a C353 with only 7K and it worked fine until the cold weather arrived. It then displayed a C4554 error. We changed the black laser and updated firmware. No help. Reinstalled the old laser and upgraded firmware worked fine until the next morning and got a C4551 as well as a C4554 code.

I did some research and read that I would need a special firmware upgrade G2A-09. Any thoughts. Please advise.

Thank you,

Johva

Did the firmware resolve your problem? were having an issue like that as well.. c4551... then c4553 showed up.. seemingly to be the print heads but maybe the firmware? but if so.. why out of the blue after 5 years? and.. if we replace the cyan print head then are the others going to go soon?

Motormount
02-06-2014, 12:17 AM
Did the firmware resolve your problem? were having an issue like that as well.. c4551... then c4553 showed up.. seemingly to be the print heads but maybe the firmware? but if so.. why out of the blue after 5 years? and.. if we replace the cyan print head then are the others going to go soon?

Try the firmware first. It allows the print heads to warm up longer before throwing the code. If they are too far gone or too cold it won't work. And yes, you should replace all the print heads - no sense going back in later.
I noticed that, on the one machine we have with this error, the firmware wipes out the "no Stop" firmware for the IUs, so have some chips or IUs handy if they are past life.

johva
02-06-2014, 09:01 PM

Yes the firmware took care of the problem. No more C4551 codes. It is working great.

johva
02-06-2014, 09:02 PM

Thanks for your help, the firmware did the trick.

mntech
02-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Hello,

I'm having the same problem with the C-4551 error code on the bizhub C353

When I fired the machine up with the CF card loaded with firmware, the machine gave me flash card error, I don't remember exactly what it said, something like error, please check card.

Somebody sent me the firmware its the c353_a02e0y0_f000_g00_r6.exe
I had problems using the mkcf batch file, but was able to use the KM firmware toolkit 2006 to install firmware on CF card, and also had it verify. (used the file Thames1_cf.tar.gz)

Also the card flash card I'm using is a Transcend 256MB (is the card too big?, do I need a different brand?)

Please HELP, What did I do wrong???

Thanks,
Josh

Synaux
02-07-2014, 12:55 AM
Hello,

I'm having the same problem with the C-4551 error code on the bizhub C353

When I fired the machine up with the CF card loaded with firmware, the machine gave me flash card error, I don't remember exactly what it said, something like error, please check card.

Somebody sent me the firmware its the c353_a02e0y0_f000_g00_r6.exe
I had problems using the mkcf batch file, but was able to use the KM firmware toolkit 2006 to install firmware on CF card, and also had it verify. (used the file Thames1_cf.tar.gz)

Also the card flash card I'm using is a Transcend 256MB (is the card too big?, do I need a different brand?)

Please HELP, What did I do wrong???

Thanks,
Josh

Did you format the CF card? If you did you might as well buy a new one.
256mb and 128mb are good sizes and color KMs are finicky with certain CF cards regardless of size.

Synaux
02-07-2014, 12:59 AM
If its your card, this is the type I use, but make sure you get the exact same one 23831

mntech
02-07-2014, 02:59 AM
Thanks,
Yeah, I formatted the card after having problems with the card_works batch file....weird that a format would cause it to not work.
I'll try finding the card you listed.

Couple questions:
1. Is there any other way of upgrading the firmware? Serial cable or network upload?

2. I noticed after the CF card has been programmed with firmware, the card is no longer recognized by Windows, I assume this is normal? Or should I be able to view the files after?

3. Is the firmware version I have correct for fixing this issue? c353_a02e0y0_f000_g00_r6

Thanks again

mntech
02-07-2014, 03:31 AM
I was poking around in some other threads related to firmware updating on KMs....

I am first going to try using a hex editor to write all zeros to the compact flash card then try loading the firmware again.

Synaux
02-07-2014, 05:04 PM
I was poking around in some other threads related to firmware updating on KMs.... I am first going to try using a hex editor to write all zeros to the compact flash card then try loading the firmware again. I believe that you need to figure out a way to format it to VXworks.

Synaux
02-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks, Yeah, I formatted the card after having problems with the card_works batch file....weird that a format would cause it to not work. I'll try finding the card you listed. Couple questions: 1. Is there any other way of upgrading the firmware? Serial cable or network upload? 2. I noticed after the CF card has been programmed with firmware, the card is no longer recognized by Windows, I assume this is normal? Or should I be able to view the files after? 3. Is the firmware version I have correct for fixing this issue? c353_a02e0y0_f000_g00_r6 Thanks again

1) Yes, Internet ISW via Service Mode.

2) Windows might says it needs to be formatted, but it should still recognize the card.

3) That firmware appears to be the latest "base" firmware; however, there are a mere 134 additional "special" firmware of which C353_A02E-0Y0-0050-G2A-0900.exe looks relevant. Install what you have then the special firmware.

johva
02-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Thanks for your help, the firmware did the trick.

Your upgrade was the basic firmware. I used special firmware c353_a02e0y0-f000-gwh-r6 and it fixed the problem.

Lexmaster
09-19-2019, 04:57 PM
Your upgrade was the basic firmware. I used special firmware c353_a02e0y0-f000-gwh-r6 and it fixed the problem.
Can you send me that firmware?

Custom Search