PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 601 lines on prints & copies

Custom Search

solidzdawg
01-07-2014, 01:13 AM
Been taking care of 601s for awhile now but this one is a new one for me.

601 has 1.8mil on it, everything in the scheduled maintenance is up to date (to the best of my knowledge)

Fresh PM, New Trans/Sep unit and wires, Process section meticulously vacuumed(no sensors;P) and cleaned.

Drum Carriage installation mode will show faint VERY faint feed direction lines of toner (kind of hard to see on pages with decent Toner Coverage), the lines are always the same and not changing

This machine is the highest count 601 I have, so MAYBE there is something I need to do that i havent done before to keep Print Quality 100%

Thanks for the help all you Print Ninjas, Happy New Years

-Z

JR2ALTA
01-07-2014, 02:02 AM
Did you check the fuser?

gurko_gg
01-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Hello can you upload issue's pict?

Regards

Gürkan.

Synaux
01-07-2014, 06:36 PM
First I would try a stop test to eliminate the fuser all together.

Check the web roller and might want to force the corona wire cleaning.

Is it dumping toner/developer onto the ADU?

I recently had a 1/4" line on the top of prints and solved it be stepping up the charging grid value with no quality issues.

solidzdawg
01-22-2014, 05:04 AM
UPDATE:

I have ran through all suggestions and have had no luck fully resolving this issue.

It is like ghosting on all copies and prints. Its almost like the whole page is being written an image, and its confusing me! Its like the page has toner coverage all over it, and the parts that shouldnt have any image written to it has like 2% TC and it looks like the image is running off of the page or ghosting

Dev Unit has 500k, Drum Cartridge 500k,

But the charging unit has never been replaced apart from the corona cleaning block and usual pm parts... and this unit is close to 2mil print count. I am hoping this will solve it, everything else has been replaced, apart from board level items(maybe the culprit is the (TCSB)

Even running drum cartridge installation mode in Drum Peculiarity shows faint feed direction lines on the bottom of the page.

Please help! :D

Phrag
01-22-2014, 05:56 AM
Is the black plastic ramp leading to the fuser is clean? That has little ridges on it which may be holding a little bit of residual toner.

Just my 2 cents. I haven't had the issue you're having, so I'm taking a stab in the dark here.

I only say this because occasionally I see that gritty black 1/4" mark on the bottom of pages, which is always dev.

solidzdawg
01-22-2014, 06:13 AM
Fusing ramp is clean, thanks for the reply.

Its almost like something is causing the machine to write to the whole page, when it shouldnt be like that. I will upload a pic, as I cant describe it well.

what the hell am i missing??

Synaux
01-22-2014, 06:17 AM
So the problem and evolved from lines to a ghosting issue...how did you get rid of the lines?

What are the results of the stop test?
Samples are always helpful.
You might want to try flashing the firmware.
Check the memory.
Are you resetting the counters in present parts life and running the all adjustments in order after your PMs and other installations?

Phrag
01-22-2014, 06:48 AM
Charge grid is seated correctly? I know I didn't seat it correctly once, and it was almost rubbing on the drum.

What about the LED erase lamp before the transfer unit? Does it have any hard to remove residue on it? Maybe it's faulty? uneven lighting? I'm just guessing.

Did you notice any error's while performing those Drum Peculiarity adjustments (ie, gamma adjust, etc) I've only ever seen Error 2 or something which was the TCS board. in the drum cartridge. Accidentally ran the vacuum over it.

Synaux
01-22-2014, 07:34 AM
Looks like solidzdawg post a few minutes before me :P

Charge grid is seated correctly? I know I didn't seat it correctly once, and it was almost rubbing on the drum.

What about the LED erase lamp before the transfer unit? Does it have any hard to remove residue on it? Maybe it's faulty? uneven lighting? I'm just guessing.

Did you notice any error's while performing those Drum Peculiarity adjustments (ie, gamma adjust, etc) I've only ever seen Error 2 or something which was the TCS board. in the drum cartridge. Accidentally ran the vacuum over it.

And that TCS board is pretty expensive for a small bit of circuitry....

Phrag
01-22-2014, 11:46 PM
Looks like solidzdawg post a few minutes before me :P

And that TCS board is pretty expensive for a small bit of circuitry....

That it is, but we've got plenty of spares that work. Luckily.

Synaux
01-23-2014, 12:34 AM
That it is, but we've got plenty of spares that work. Luckily.

Sell me one! :)

solidzdawg
01-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Its frustrating to me.

Like damn is there something I am missing on the PM and now its starting to surface? Makes me paranoid lol

Charge grid definitely looks like its on right, this problem has persisted to 2 full PM's

Its a subtle pattern of ghosting, but its noticeable

Ive done literally 30 PMs on other machines with no problems. I dont know if this is something that is going out because it has 2 million as oppopsed to like 600k or something of that nature.

:(

Zackuth
01-23-2014, 02:14 PM
UPDATE:

The drum unit and both fuser rollers are to be replaced at 500k. It could be the drum is going out.

solidzdawg
01-23-2014, 04:27 PM
The drum is up to date like 10k copies new..

I mean the actual cartridge that it goes into

CraigW
01-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Without any scans, we all need a crystal ball.

Victor285
01-27-2014, 02:33 PM
UPDATE:

I have ran through all suggestions and have had no luck fully resolving this issue.

It is like ghosting on all copies and prints. Its almost like the whole page is being written an image, and its confusing me! Its like the page has toner coverage all over it, and the parts that shouldnt have any image written to it has like 2% TC and it looks like the image is running off of the page or ghosting

But the charging unit has never been replaced apart from the corona cleaning block and usual pm parts... and this unit is close to 2mil print count. I am hoping this will solve it, everything else has been replaced, apart from board level items(maybe the culprit is the (TCSB)

Even running drum cartridge installation mode in Drum Peculiarity shows faint feed direction lines on the bottom of the page.

Please help! :D

I agree with Jr2Alta & Synaux. Especially if your getting ghosting. It sounds like a fuser issue. DO the stop test to rule out the fuser.

solidzdawg
01-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Im gonna return to that machine tomorrow.

What in the fuser could cause ghosting?

Reason im asking, it has new fusing rollers, bearings, new decurl roller, new web unit...

Thanks for the help..Looking forward to solving this one, its been on the back burner because customer doesnt notice CQ issue like I do...

-Z

fixthecopier
01-28-2014, 07:12 PM
I have had issues with aftermarket drum blades.

WetPaper
01-29-2014, 03:04 AM
We had a ghosting problem and it turned out being Katun or TecWest upper fuser rolls.

Custom Search