PDA

View Full Version : C35 account track and how to turn on ssl

Custom Search

wseyller
01-07-2014, 11:37 PM
I have enabled account track and added a couple users. Customer wants to monitor how many copies for each account. I have searched through settings and users manuals and I cannot figure out how to retrieve the counters for each account track user. Is there a list somewhere that can be printed or can it be viewed on pagescope web connection?

Also when using pagescope web connections it shows in bold red that ssl is turn off and the customer ask to enable it. I have tried many things. I went into the security tab under PKI settings and created a device certificate and enabled the SSL/TLS setting and left the default encryption strength, rebooted and didn't work. I also went to OPen API in network settings and made sure open api is enabled and set non-ssl only to ssl only. rebooted and still didn't work as it still shows the message.

wseyller
01-07-2014, 11:51 PM
I believe I found the answer in the knowledge base for the ssl. I have to go into Network tab then HTTP and set ssl to enable. Still no clue about the account track part.

Motormount
01-08-2014, 01:27 AM
On the bigger models, through the control panel it's in the same place you turn on Account Track, and there are options to print and reset the totals. They should have a user guide that you could consult.
BTW, the SSL notice when you are using Pagescope is not important - no need to encrypt the communication between the computer and the MFP unless they think someone might intercept that information from within their private network. In which case, they have bigger problems. But you have to make the customer happy, right?

wseyller
01-08-2014, 02:12 AM
On the bigger models, through the control panel it's in the same place you turn on Account Track, and there are options to print and reset the totals. They should have a user guide that you could consult.
BTW, the SSL notice when you are using Pagescope is not important - no need to encrypt the communication between the computer and the MFP unless they think someone might intercept that information from within their private network. In which case, they have bigger problems. But you have to make the customer happy, right?

I explained the same thing about the SSL to the customer. It is a lawyer and they are paranoid.

With account track I am a ninja on the bigger models. It is a bit different on this model. You can't even turn on account track from the copier control panel. I have searched through the print/copy/scan guide, the reference guide, and the security operations guide, and also scoured the knowledge base and cannot find any reference to this. This is the first time I have had a request to use account track on this piece of crap machine.

stan780953
01-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Hi

The best way I have found is to install pagescope data or tell the customer the machine can't do it!

here are two ways to get the Account Track Data from the machine.
1. Use the Job Log function from the Web connection

Check if the the Job Log Function is enabled
- Open the Web connection of the machine
- Enter the administrator mode
- Select System \ Machine Settings \ Job Log \ Enable

Use the Job Log Function
- Open the Web connection of the machine
- Enter the administrator mode
- Select System \ Import/Export \ Job Log

2. Use the PageScope Data Administrator
- Read the data from the machine
- Change to Authentication Settings \ Account Track Settings
- Select File \ Export \ Save Account in the Tab Text Type ...)

wseyller
01-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Thanks. I just got a reply from KM that data admin has to be used.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Custom Search