PDA

View Full Version : Used c352 Advice

Custom Search

newrome
01-08-2014, 01:46 AM
Hey Guys,

I haven't posted on here in about forever and I guess my username got cleaned out...

I am looking for a little expert advice...for a 100% Canon user...

I am thinking of picking up a used C352 for home...need the scanner for a project and the office is 5 miles
away and I am too lazy to go back and forth...

Found a C352 for sale that has about 300k clicks and has been serviced regularly...the current complaint on the machine is
that it is producing some dog-eared copies every once in a while...some wrinkles also. I noticed that the
low-power / sleep settings were set to 240min! I am thinking that it is probably the fuser, but did not
visualize any bubbles...Their contracted techs claimed they could not find anything wrong with the machine...blah blah...
only doing the dog-ears 1% of the time...yadda..yadda... I ran it...and from cold it was copying fine.

Anyways...the thing is $500 w/ internal / external finisher.

I am a handy, can pretty much fix anything with a manual and have worked on many lasers, large and small...but haven't serviced a copier.

So you Konica guys...what do you think?

JustManuals
01-08-2014, 08:19 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

solidzdawg
01-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Thats cheap considering the price...

did you manage to check the life of anything else? Imaging units, transfer belt, fusing unit, etc.

Sounds pretty swell, but i am not an expert (yet!)

Routine maintenance isnt difficult to learn, service manual is a big chunk of information, though there is a quite a bit not in any manual....

I wonder what the real experts will tell you...

-Z

emujo
01-09-2014, 12:55 AM
The only thing that would give me pause is the MFP is considered obsolete. Driver availability and scanning options may be limited soon. All consumables are units (fuser, x-fer belt, IUs) so they are expensive, but easy to swap out. Emujo

blackcat4866
01-09-2014, 01:20 AM
The fuser could account for both dog-eared corners, and pin wrinkles. You could pay another $400 for the fuser. It's a not difficult to change. If I remember correctly there is a hidden connecter under the little front cover, under the panel. =^..^=

Custom Search