PDA

View Full Version : DI450 DV dropping

Custom Search

petrus
03-15-2008, 03:17 AM
Anyone out there experiance this problem i have?
after i replace the developer of my di450 and runs F8 then the dv dropping .what should i do?

artfer
03-15-2008, 03:40 AM
I think its may be the DS Collars or the Mag Roller magnectic pole in wrong position. Check drum grounding and Bias contact too.

Mark B
03-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Replace the dev unit

mitchl
03-17-2008, 10:29 PM
You may want to try this as it couldnt hurt!

[Product Name] Di470
[Option] [Subject] Developer leaking (dumping) at rear of the developing unit. Developer builds up a sufficient quantity to affect copy quality and drop onto copies. [Description]
Developer leaking (dumping) at rear of the developing unit. Developer builds up a sufficient quantity to affect copy quality and drop onto copies.

[Solution]

CAUSE: Low bias voltage applied to the sleeve/magnet roller causes toner to buildup at the transfer/separation guide plate. Copies strike this toner and carry a small amount to the fuser section where it builds up at the fuser entrance guide plate.

SOLUTION: Completely remove the bias terminal from the copier and clean the frame, holder, terminal and sleeve/magnet roller contact with alcohol. Form the bias terminal slightly upon reassembly to assure good contact. Do not reapply the conductive grease to the contact.
Notes:
1. Paper jams may be occurring as copies strike a buildup of toner on the fuser entrance guide plate. Also a toner accumulation may be noticed at the T/S guide plate. Copy output may have a buildup of toner along the leading edge and copies may also be output with toner blotches and speckles. The lead edge build up on the copies is most noticeable when looking at a stack of copies. In addition, other copy quality issues may be present like poor fill and shading.

Sometimes swapping the DV unit is the only fix so if this doesnt work give it a try!

cobiray
03-18-2008, 11:55 PM
You might want to check the bias pins for conductive grease. I recall a bulletin about the grease migrating and shorting to the frame. We had a few instances of this in the past.

minimerlin
03-19-2008, 12:53 AM
There is an old mod that may need to be done..it refers to adding spacers to the drum shaft mounting at the rear of the machine in order to give the correct parallel alignment of drum to dev unit. Early machines were very likely to suddenly dump dev at about 240k

wagon
03-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Don't do the 'spacer' mod... it does not work. Changing the dev unit sometimes works - I think the drum spacer rollers may be worn & there are a couple of settings to change - toner empty stop to 'on' and I can't remember the others (it has been a while).

I have had some run 100% for a million or more and then drop their guts 3 times in a week. Grumbles.

Good luck.

alexxcopier
03-19-2008, 06:55 PM
everything is Ok
just on mag roll/under there is too much starter and have to rotate on hand a just before to put it in machine

netburden
03-26-2008, 05:22 AM
Anyone out there experiance this problem i have?
after i replace the developer of my di450 and runs F8 then the dv dropping .what should i do?
there is a new developing unit that fixes that problem.
the old one was misaligned and caused that problem

petrus
03-27-2008, 04:17 AM
there is a new developing unit that fixes that problem.
the old one was misaligned and caused that problem

last week i've changed the HVT pcb but last only in four day.Yesterday I've changed the DV tank assembbly and it ok.so I ve to wait for another day for confirmation.

actually I work in some brand of machine.maybe this sound like crazy.

Custom Search