PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 363 Jam from tray 1 (Cant get one page fed)

Custom Search

solidzdawg
01-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Working on another Techs territory while he is out on leave.

BH 363- has 900k on it.

Customer called for jamming---I arrived and saw both PFs for tray 1 & 2 are hammered (200k+)

Replaced tires and cleaned up both, tray 2 feeds fine (sometimes sounds like it struggles) while tray 1 Makes a LOUD Grinding kind of Rubbing friction noise and jams either under Regroller, or before paper exit entrance above fuser (jams in fuser)

EDIT: Tray 2 will intermittently jam, and dog ear copies..There is a mod to install guides on the PF and also the frame, but that doesnt solve why tray 1 is jamming. Ordered Transport Motor, Timing bearings, and worst case: The whold damn right side door assy. GRRRR. Any help would be great :)

Jam codes :Predominately 3001-1101-

Never seen this before,

Any Suggestions would be a big help, thanks all

-Z

blackcat4866
01-09-2014, 11:15 PM
Have you cleaned and oiled one-way clutches? =^..^=

solidzdawg
01-10-2014, 01:18 AM
No oil but i usually do my scotch pad to rough up the shafts after removing the one ways... Ive never oiled them, I usually replace one ways if their a high Feed Unit count..

So oil does NOT cause One ways to be more prone to slip? Good to know Blackcat;)

could a bad one way cause super loud rubbing/grinding noise when trying to engage to feed a page? Now im curious george over here lol.

Help a newbie out, im still new to the biz, and could use any help

-Z :)

copierguru
01-10-2014, 01:30 AM
Check the bushings on the reg unit. They get all bound up from toner residue & and oval out over time. Either clean or replace if ovaled. It will cause noise and jamming.

blackcat4866
01-10-2014, 01:37 AM
Check the bushings on the reg unit. They get all bound up from toner residue & and oval out over time. Either clean or replace if ovaled. It will cause noise and jamming.

Yeah, I've seen worn out registration roller bushings at 700K. It causes the rollers to separate at the rear. Early symptoms are paper skew, then jamming. =^..^=

copier addict
01-10-2014, 01:50 AM
The feed clutches on these machines are pretty light and don't last. They get what looks like rust inside them. Replace them and this should fix it.
Hope this helps.

brent
01-10-2014, 01:51 AM
with 900k I would not even hesitate to replace the shafts. feed rollers. clutch (feed clutch on end) and the 2 black clutches that ride on the shafts. these are easy to take out. I do the whole set up on a refurb. scotch brite works. but with that kind of meter. no way. so. that gets the paper feed. how does the fuser look? and yes registration bearings. it will save you time and future calls when you replace those wear items at the same time
brent

JustManuals
01-10-2014, 02:37 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

solidzdawg
01-16-2014, 12:06 AM
Update!

Machine is sounding and operating like a pro after replacing the PFU, and the reg/timing roller bushings.

Thank for all your help guys!

Rigabula
10-21-2016, 08:23 PM
Hello, I know its and old thread, but I have a bizhub 363 with similar issue, paper jams before entering the fuser. I've repaired several printers, but have issue with this one.By any means I'm not an authorized technician, but have good tech level. But have trouble troubleshooting the problem on this particular issue. And one more thing as i'm not very familiar with printers specific part names, could you guys help me a little. I've removed the registration unit from the right door and cleaned everything but paper jam still occurs.

You are talking about replacing the bushings of the rollers. Which roller is the reg roller, i'm little confused, and and when you mentioned PFU do you mean paper feed unit and is it specific for every tray, because with my machine the jam occurred from every tray. Also when the door is pushed a little tighter to the printer, the jam stops.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Edit: JUst to be on the save side by bushing you mean this right:

Edit2: And I can only find paper feed clutch:

Best Regards

brent
10-21-2016, 08:47 PM
following. As I have a 423 that is found the same thing. Out of both trays. And I need to to get it fixed. So I am following this thread again. Pfu? You replaced the whole unit or?
brenr

TheBlueOrleans
10-21-2016, 09:33 PM
If you can manipulate the registration roller without much resistance (aside from the normal expected amount, which is only learned with time), then that's not where the issue is.
One-way clutches on the paper feed unit shafts as well as the torque limiter on the separator roller shaft are common causes of FTF, but if you've got feed up to registration but not up to the fuser, that could be a registration clutch failure. Is the issue only occurring on multiple-page jobs, or does it happen on single page jobs as well?

I had a Bizhub 283 with a sound that I can only describe as akin to a long fart before jamming (because I'm five years old and farts are funny), ended up replacing the main drive assembly three times before the bastard was finally declared dead. Never did truly fix the problem. Found the lower drive unit completely caked with toner/developer the only time I actually performed the replacement procedure, cleaned that out something fierce until it looked new again, and it lasted a solid four months before it started farting again and jamming.

That was unlovingly referred to as my favorite machine, and now it is no more.
You should have seen the Viking funeral the nurses gave that blasted thing. The company bought the machine, so they can do with it what they like.
Office space should have a sequel.

Rigabula
10-21-2016, 11:20 PM
TheBlueOrleans

Yeah the sound is there. Sometimes its the first page, sometimes its the 30th page. torque limiter? not sure where it is and what is.
Theres a good amount of resistance when rolling the registration roller. I'm keen to replace the the clutches but the only clutch that I can replace is the one that i posted earlier.

Lower drive unit? perhaps if you point me out to that i can try to resolve the problem temporarily.

Still thanks for the reply, although I'm maybe a little dumb to understand it all. :)

brent

If youre askin me no, i have not replace anything, I've removed the whole registration unit(if thats the right name), disassemble it, clean everything with alcohol based liquid, put some grease on the bushings, and that it. Didn't resolve the issue, sadly.

Edit: And one more thing, if you happen to have a field service manual for the machine, would be great if you share it with me, as i'm now using one for bizhub 362 :)
Thanks in advance

mx6turbo89
10-22-2016, 01:32 AM
Edit: JUst to be on the save side by bushing you mean this right:

Best Regards

Yes. As mentioned, those registration roller bushings will gum up and hollow out causing the 2nd feed clutch to lose it's drive and result in a grinding noise. It's a common issue with high mileage ones, but I've seen it happen as early as 200k. It may not be easy to see while you're cleaning them since it can be barely noticeable. But, it only takes some slight bearing wear to cause this problem.

By the way, here's a manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vbuxyg2r8aw06q/bizhub423_363_283_223ServiceManual.pdf?dl=0

Rigabula
10-22-2016, 02:02 AM
Yes. As mentioned, those registration roller bushings will gum up and hollow out causing the 2nd feed clutch to lose it's drive and result in a grinding noise. It's a common issue with high mileage ones, but I've seen it happen as early as 200k. It may not be easy to see while you're cleaning them since it can be barely noticeable. But, it only takes some slight bearing wear to cause this problem.

By the way, here's a manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vbuxyg2r8aw06q/bizhub423_363_283_223ServiceManual.pdf?dl=0

First, thank you for the manual. Much appreciated. Hope will find replacement quickly to see if the issue will resolve.

TheBlueOrleans
10-22-2016, 06:32 PM
The "lower drive unit" may not actually be called that in the manual, its the term my senior technician used, so I used it here. Figured he'd know better than I.

It is approximately 235 bitches on a bitch plane to get to, you basically have to remove the main drive assembly (which requires swinging open the MFP board box and removing a few more screws behind it just to get to it), then when you see where the gap is that the main drive unit previously occupied, look just below that and you'll see gears in an assembly that didn't come out with the rest because it's a separate assembly. If those gears are nasty with blackness, you may have to remove that assembly and either clean the living hell out of them or replace that assembly.
Which, while you've got it out, you might consider (CONSIDER) replacing the main drive unit as well.

Rigabula
10-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Thank you, I'll look to it these days, as I had a hell of a time(and still has) with a bizhub 452.

Rigabula
06-21-2017, 09:19 PM
I know its late but better than never.
Thank you all for the help.
I've fixed the issue by replacing the bushings only - four of them for the two rollers on the paper feed unit or whatever the name is. I'll try to post some photos tommorrow to be clear.

Best Regards

gravy
12-28-2017, 09:45 PM
Is there a clutch for the fuser drive motor? I'm getting the same code on a bizhub 200, jamming in fuser single page jobs only, searched the SM and didn't see a clutch for the fuser? Am I missing something here? I'm wondering if the heat from the fuser could warp the exit sensor actuator located on the fuser?

Synthohol
12-28-2017, 11:07 PM
what may help the most is the jam code you get

jonpaul
01-29-2018, 11:20 AM
We have simalar problems with the 423 etc with a Z fold jam just as the paper goes into the registration unit.we relpaced the whole door bingo.

Custom Search