PDA

View Full Version : c650 IR assembly - red screws -

Custom Search

Synaux
01-10-2014, 01:59 AM
Got a bit of an unsavory issue on my hands. I have 2 c650's one has the scanning chassis damaged on shipping and the other is for parts.

I intend to swap out the entire IR/scanning assembly (basically the entire top of the machine) from the parts box to the damaged unit.

This job looks like its going to be an overall pain in the butt because of some of the screwy screw placements.

Found two red screws, but they look like they can be eyeballed if necessary.

Never done this, just looking for tips.
Thanks!

JustManuals
01-10-2014, 02:36 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

wseyller
01-10-2014, 03:23 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

I just have to say this is one of the most hilarious attempts of selling proprietary manuals I've ever seen. It's like you need a manual to tell someone how to breathe to get oxygen. Sorry no offense but made me laugh.

Now back on topic. I haven't done exactly what you are wanting to do. Red screws is likely waving a candy bar in front of a kid and saying you can't have it. I have exchanged parts from used equipment and had to deal with red screws. Decision came down to what else choice do I have. In the few cases I've had I ignored the red screws. Maybe I got lucky and secured them down correctly I don't know. Good luck to you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wseyller
01-10-2014, 03:26 AM
Oops accidental double post

Synaux
09-25-2014, 02:56 AM
Another update:

This is actually a very easy procedure.

I avoided updating this until I uploaded some picts, forgot, then smashed the heck out of my phone. So no pictures...from memory there were only something like 6(+) screws.
I had to take all the covers off the front and back and study it, once I figured out the construction it was about a 15 min swap :)

Custom Search