PDA

View Full Version : konica 7145

Custom Search

Techaus
03-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Hello everybody, Good day...I am coming across many 7145 with the scanner boards and I have successfully installed a couple of machines with scan to box facility in the field.But in the same 7145 model some machine is not displaying the box function when pressing the scanner button. My belief is that all of 7145 are having scan to box function and there are some bit switches or something in the service mode to enable it.If anybody knows how to enable scan to box feature in 7145,please give me a help hand..Thanx....

dogsbody
03-17-2008, 10:15 AM
you can't scan to box if you don't have a hard drive. check the machines that don't work for a hard drive.

CMB
03-17-2008, 10:49 AM
yup! gotta have an HDD. look at the touchscreen after everything has initialized. does it say HDD ready on the top left corner? if not, there is no HDD installed.

Techaus
03-19-2008, 03:09 AM
thanks a lot for ur reply my friend..Even if there is no hard disk installed can we scan to PC(SMB)? I have tried scan to PC(SMB) with a stand alone pc by giving the name of the particular pc and making a shared folder in the hard drive.But when it comes to a pc under network its name is formed by a lot of alphabets (eg.david.digitalsolutions.local) and such a long no. of characters are not accepted by the machine. So can u please guide me how to scan to PC (SMB) of a client pc under a network..
Thanks a lot...

CMB
03-19-2008, 10:56 AM
i do know that a 7145 will scan out of the box. i have never set one up to do so. we have computer guys for that part of the job.

dogsbody
03-19-2008, 12:29 PM
thanks a lot for ur reply my friend..Even if there is no hard disk installed can we scan to PC(SMB)? I have tried scan to PC(SMB) with a stand alone pc by giving the name of the particular pc and making a shared folder in the hard drive.But when it comes to a pc under network its name is formed by a lot of alphabets (eg.david.digitalsolutions.local) and such a long no. of characters are not accepted by the machine. So can u please guide me how to scan to PC (SMB) of a client pc under a network..
Thanks a lot...

It will do it (however I have found it a bit hit and miss compared to more modern machines), when part of a domain using the example you have given for the host name you would use "DAVID" - (I prefer to use a static IP address but they are not often used). Set the appropriate file path and use a name and password that has read and write access to the folder.
If it fails there will be an error code - NXX I think. There will be a scanner user manual that has a very brief explanation of the error codes.
Hope this helps,
Goodluck

Custom Search