PDA

View Full Version : CQ Blank copies C454e when printing

Custom Search

hotfuser
01-13-2014, 05:15 PM
Good afternoon this is my first thread here.
I have a few C454e copiers which produce blank prints.
When this occurs it seems to lock up the internal controller. Internal prints are blank but copies and meter counts are produced ok.
By turning the copier 'off and on' the copier is then ok.
All my C454e's have the latest firmware.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

many thanks

saahil
02-07-2014, 12:56 AM
Hi, I have come across this problem with a C454E and it spits blank pages form word, pdf, and e-mails from windows platform. Using Mac it prints fine,
Can anyone help!!

saahil
02-07-2014, 03:28 AM
Good afternoon this is my first thread here.
I have a few C454e copiers which produce blank prints.
When this occurs it seems to lock up the internal controller. Internal prints are blank but copies and meter counts are produced ok.
By turning the copier 'off and on' the copier is then ok.
All my C454e's have the latest firmware.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

many thanks

Have you found a solution for this problem!!!!

Lukee
02-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Hello, have you check to see if just black or is it also colour that is not working?

I have had both and different solution for both.

tech51
02-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Hello, have you check to see if just black or is it also colour that is not working?

I have had both and different solution for both.

Well how about sharing both solutions with us then!

I have one on my area that's completely blank, no toner on transfer belt or drums.
I am going there on Thursday so any more information would be appreciated....

saahil
02-11-2014, 08:53 PM
Hi All,

Just a quick note to what I experienced. When the C454E (1) was in fault state (ie blank copies), and you try printing internal test prints...config page, demo page and font lists it came out blank. Remember it's intermittent. While I was replacing the MFP board, the customer experienced the very same problem on their other C454E (2) on the other side of the floor. Anyway after fitting the MFP board I printed the Config, demo and font lists...came out blank. So going to the other C454E (2) "why it printed out blank pages"....I suspect the same users that use to print on C454E (1) were using the other MFP C454E (2) to print out. Suspect a corrupt driver/network issue.

The customer is looking into this with the help of their IT....No feedback yet.

Hope this helps.

JustManuals
02-11-2014, 09:47 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Lukee
02-12-2014, 02:04 AM
When its full blank pages with no colour and at the time for me wasn't intermittent I had it being the HVT pwb.
When its only missing the black but colour comes out its the solenoid that drives the black develop unit in the main drive, most likely stuck down in the closed position. 23884

When only producing the colours and no black it will display the P-5, P-9 and P-21 errors. The solenoid is in green and i have had it where grease from near by gears causes the plate to be stuck in the close position not allowing the black developer unit to drive.

Hope this helps

tec966
02-12-2014, 07:43 AM
I have the same problem, can anyone help us ?
Thanks !

tech51
02-13-2014, 08:06 PM
When its full blank pages with no colour and at the time for me wasn't intermittent I had it being the HVT pwb.
When its only missing the black but colour comes out its the solenoid that drives the black develop unit in the main drive, most likely stuck down in the closed position. 23884

When only producing the colours and no black it will display the P-5, P-9 and P-21 errors. The solenoid is in green and i have had it where grease from near by gears causes the plate to be stuck in the close position not allowing the black developer unit to drive.

Hope this helps

thanks is for the info. Not had the black only failure yet. Mine was a totally blank print which was the HV board...

hotfuser
02-14-2014, 08:17 AM
Hi All,

Just a quick note to what I experienced. When the C454E (1) was in fault state (ie blank copies), and you try printing internal test prints...config page, demo page and font lists it came out blank. Remember it's intermittent. While I was replacing the MFP board, the customer experienced the very same problem on their other C454E (2) on the other side of the floor. Anyway after fitting the MFP board I printed the Config, demo and font lists...came out blank. So going to the other C454E (2) "why it printed out blank pages"....I suspect the same users that use to print on C454E (1) were using the other MFP C454E (2) to print out. Suspect a corrupt driver/network issue.

The customer is looking into this with the help of their IT....No feedback yet.

Hope this helps.

i have just been informed that there is a new driver coming out which is supposed to rectify thios problem. these are the exact issues i am haviving on about 6 machines i have out in the field.
i will update you all if this fixes the problem as the lateste firmware hasn't.

Custom Search