PDA

View Full Version : Canon IR3080i Copy quality blurry on DADF copies only!

Custom Search

jonbonse
01-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Hi all

I have a Canon IR3080i with blurry copies when using the document feeder only.
The prints are fine and copies from the glass are fine but they are blurry when using the document feeder!

I have cleaned the optics. . .

Please see pics. . .

The first pic is the print out and the second a copy off the glass. . . .

teckat
01-14-2014, 12:30 AM
Hi all

The prints are fine and copies from the glass are fine but they are blurry when using the document feeder!

Please see pics. . .

-------------------------------------
-inspect & clean reading glass :confused:
-DADF height inspect & adjust if needed :cool:

Stream Reading
When the leading edge of the original reaches the read position, the machine starts stream reading mode by sending the image leading edge signal to the host machine.
In stream reading mode, the machine moves the original over the glass of the host machine for scanning. (The host machine's scanner is held in position.)
The image that has been read is stored in the host machine's memory.

ADF’s magnification is adjusted by comparing copy images made in stream reading mode and copy images made in copyboard cover mode (as this ADF is designed for color machines; on the other hand, the magnification of previous ADFs designed for black-andwhite machines is adjusted by comparing copy images made in stream reading mode against their originals).
If you adjust its magnification in the way done for previous ADFs, the following will likely occur:

- wrong ACS identification:(:(

- wrong black character processing identification:(

1) Place the Test Chart in the DADF, and make a copy. Refer to the output as copy B.
2) Place the Test Chart used in step 1) on the copyboard glass of the host machine, and make a copy. Refer to the output as copy A.
3) Compare copies A and B in terms of the length of the image in feed direction; as necessary, make adjustments in service mode.
- if the image of copy B is shorter, decrease the setting (so that the speed at which originals are moved in stream reading mode will be reduced).
- if the image of copy B is longer, increase the setting so that the speed at which originals
are moved in stream reading mode will be increased). unit of adjustments: 0.1%
4) From the Service Mode screen, touch the following notations to bring up the Adjustment screen:
1 FEEDER
2 ADJUST
3 LA-SPEED to highlight

canonbundy
01-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Hi all

Please see pics. . .

As well as the above - try the White Level adjustment, place a White sheet of paper on the Platen - SRV MODE > FUNCTION > CCD > DF-WLV1 > OK.
Then place a sheet of White paper in the DADF > DF-WLV2 > OK.
Perform full Auto Grad.

Custom Search