PDA

View Full Version : Coin Box on Bizhub 223/B363/B423

Custom Search

000nicec
01-17-2014, 09:25 AM
I am having an issue with Plankomat coin boxes.
They connected fine and seemed to be working fine.
But some people have realise that if you insert one credit and select multiple copies the machine will give you 2 or more copies depending on the speed of the machine. eg. 223 = 2, 283/363/423/ = 3

I have now set the machine to send the pulse on paper feed which should solve the issue but now the machine jams just after the feed process.
On the older machine there was a software switch to tell the machine to complete that copy.

Is there any such switch on the Bizhub 223/363/423?

Thanks
Nic

emujo
01-17-2014, 01:11 PM
There are settings within account track and user authentication that let you determine what the MFP should do in the middle of a run when the upper limits have been met, but they have nothing to do with the coin box. You may want to contact the manufacturer and see if they recommend any special firmware for the MFP. Emujo

pepper38_cnd
01-18-2014, 01:23 PM
I am not familiar with your particular coin box but on most of the ones I have worked on you need to change the dwell time. Set it to about 2.5 seconds for letter paper.

000nicec
01-20-2014, 09:20 AM
What is your lemans explanation of Dwell Time?
We don't use that terminology so just want to confirm.

Is there no way of creating a pause between copies?

Machine seems to be too quick for the coin op to stop the cpoier before the second copy comes out.
I have set the machine to complete copy after the loop has been cut (dipswitch 35-0 set to one) but still the machine makes 2 copies for one credit if multiple copies are selected.

Any help PLEASE.

Thanks
Nic

pepper38_cnd
01-20-2014, 11:22 AM
The dwell time is an adjustment in the coinbox, it is the amount of time between seeing the pulse and opening the circuit. If you are getting more than 1 copy your dwell time is too large.

emujo
01-21-2014, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE lemans explanation of Dwell Time

[/QUOTE]

Push push push....Emujo

oldschool
01-21-2014, 09:43 PM
You're looking for a copier setting refereed to as "Graceful exit upon key counter removal". It's likely dipsw 35 bit 0. The default is 0 and it needs to be a 1. The drawback is if the patron selects a double sided copy but only has enough for single sided copy; it will give them the duplexed copy at the single rate. The setting has moved around lately. I've seen it at dipsw 09 and 01 bit 0. Some models do not have this setting at all.

If you want to avoid all drawbacks that come with a key counter connection you'll need to abandon the key counter interface and use a vendor 2 interface. Have your salesmen look in his price list for a 7640000260.

Custom Search