PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub 751 jamming at the fuser decurler roller

Custom Search

cap0319
01-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Hello all!

was just hoping to get some info and see if anyone has run into this problem before. I have a relatively low meter count 751 that keeps jamming after 1-2 copies go through. The jam occurs right around the decurler roller as paper appears to be fed back into the machine. It keeps showing up as a j3101 jam.

Steps taken so far: replaced M5 motor for the adu, replaced registration clutchs, replaced the registration section, took out the IU and cleaned it, took apart the fuser and applied grease to all the outside gears, cleaned throughout the adu, replaced all tray feed tires, cleaned all sensors on the adu, and obviously cleaned around the fusing decurler roller.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

EarthKmTech
01-17-2014, 08:48 PM
decurler roller has a 1 way gear on it, make sure its not slipping. The decurler roller is to be changed every 500k too.

also make sure the adu left hand side entrance guide is not broken and working as expected and that the left side lower entrance mylars arent shredded and catching the paper, removal of the adu and disassembly of its left side rail required to inspect. The machine wont jam on face side up output if the problem is isolated to this area.

solidzdawg
01-17-2014, 11:54 PM
make sure those plastic wheels on top of the fuser cover are not popped out of place! It happens easily!

Also take the front plastic cover that covers the fuser and check to make sure that white assembly isnt tucked in ( I cant explain it, but youll know what I mean when you look)

If its a low meter count then those decurler bearings are probaby in good shape. But those things wear out faster than shit, so keep an eye on that.

copier addict
01-18-2014, 01:16 AM
A 31-01 jam is not occurring in the fuser. It is occurring in the registration section, before it gets to the fuser. J31-01 means the paper is not getting to the leading edge sensor. You may be looking in the wrong place.

solidzdawg
01-18-2014, 06:18 AM
Well in that case, I would check the mylar under the registration section that can become bent and cause jamming.

Didnt look the jam code up, that sheds some new light...

fixthecopier
01-18-2014, 08:43 AM
Well in that case, I would check the mylar under the registration section that can become bent and cause jamming.

Didnt look the jam code up, that sheds some new light...

I just had that as an issue on Tuesday. Pull the adu out and feed a sheet through the reg to make sure it goes through easily. Remove the adu cover and trick the door switches to ensure the reg clutch and motor are working when they should.

cap0319
01-20-2014, 03:19 PM
Thank you very much for the responses guys, you gave me some new ideas to try.

will update after the problem is solved.

Custom Search