PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C-0213 only after adjustment or when running multiple stocks...

Custom Search

methogod
01-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Ok, so long and the short of it...

was happening alot, swaped duplex motor with exit motor and it go much better, thinking the motor was had a weak/flat spot or somethign, maybe just taking it off and putting back together helped.

Seemed fine for a while, but now i get it only when the machine prints (not on startup/wakeup) it will print till finisher is full, when i unload and or reload paper, the printer does it adjustments, most likely density adjustments on these longer runs, while this happens the cam opens to take pressure off the exit decurling roller.

When the machine is ready to print as soon as it cam's closed i get the C-0213 code. Now i found a little work around, after refilling paper or unloading finsiher, as long as i hit start, let it start the adjustments, then open the feed tray, it will wait for "ask" for paper, then i can close tray press start again and most of the time this works.

So motor has been replaced on exit, sensors look good and clean, swapped them as well just to see if the error stays on PS10 or moves to PS13 (which are C-32XX) errors... That has yet to happen... so its not the sensors (unless its the harness)

So next i guess are the gears and bearings/bushings

Since i can duplicate it most time, i can hear it cam'ing closed but not fast enough...

have been suggested to clean the gears, one ways etc.

any one see this and know where to go next? thanks,

blackcat4866
01-19-2014, 02:26 PM
... um, ok, I give.

What model? =^..^=

Outlander
01-22-2014, 08:54 AM
Try to clean shaft and One way gear at paper exit, even better try to replace that gear p/o A03U909502
It worked for us :)

methogod
01-23-2014, 11:35 AM
sorry C6501....

ni311
01-27-2014, 07:17 AM
There are 2 countermeasures.

(1) Replace the subject gear with the new gear. The target replacement timing is 3,000,000 prints.
(2) When there is no gear, spray the lubricant such as "TRI-FLOW" to the subject gear shaft area.

Caution: The countermeasure (1) has been confirmed that machine can operate normally up to at least 300,000 prints without failure, although it depends on the number of drive. BT recommends replacing the gear. The countermeasure (2) is temporary solution and the SC re-occurrence timing hasn`t investigated.

[Problem parts]
SC code: C-0213
Section: Main body paper exit section
P/N: A03U909502
Parts name: Paper exit gear /5 40T

dljorg
01-27-2014, 04:03 PM
100% for sure it is the one-way gears in the exit assembly; seen multiple times in a population of 600 machines.

Strong recommendation to change the shafts the gears ride on but as suggested above scotchbrite on the shaft where the gears ride will get you going.

Thing is such a pain to get to if there are downstream peripherals that the full job makes more sense here.

methogod
01-27-2014, 05:38 PM
GOT ALL THE GEARS, WILL REPLACE THIS WEEK...

seems that i can prevent it with a little work around... but its a pain.

PeterG
05-21-2014, 05:38 AM
There are 2 countermeasures.

(1) Replace the subject gear with the new gear. The target replacement timing is 3,000,000 prints.
(2) When there is no gear, spray the lubricant such as "TRI-FLOW" to the subject gear shaft area.

Caution: The countermeasure (1) has been confirmed that machine can operate normally up to at least 300,000 prints without failure, although it depends on the number of drive. BT recommends replacing the gear. The countermeasure (2) is temporary solution and the SC re-occurrence timing hasn`t investigated.

[Problem parts]
SC code: C-0213
Section: Main body paper exit section
P/N: A03U909502
Parts name: Paper exit gear /5 40T

Thanks guys, just had this fault. An instant fix.
A forum working just as they are supposed to.:D

Custom Search