PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C224e - Fax kit 511 issue

Custom Search

Zel222
01-20-2014, 12:49 AM
Ive recently had an issue with a c224e which has a fax kit 511 installed in it.
It doesent appear to have the off hook on hook option when i go to the fax/scan menu.
When i try and fax a test to telstra it just says job complete but never tries to dial at all.
I even tried the number of our office to make sure it wasent telstra themselves.
Ive been working on this for about 8 hours total and its geting very frustrating.

I have even uninstalled the fax that i had in it and tried a diffrent one to make sure the other fax wasent faulty.
I also took the installation manual with me and followed all the steps just to make sure i didnt miss anything during the installation process.

The customer also had line issue's prior to the installtion but they solved that before we arrived to put in the printer.
I personaly dont know what else to do if anyone could give me a tip it would be greatly appreciated.

blackcat4866
01-20-2014, 12:58 AM
I think I would have connected my analog phone and test dial a few destinations, then dial the fax line to see if it ring and answers.

Since so many fax problems are line related, I'd rule that out first. =^..^=

Zel222
01-20-2014, 01:20 AM
They acully have their old fax connected to the line and it works but the printer FAX doesnt :(.

Mr Spock
01-21-2014, 12:56 AM
Just to be the devils advocate.....

Did you enable the fax in service mode?
Did you initialize the fax board at least 3 times?
Did you set the correct country code in service mode?

BennyAU
01-21-2014, 04:48 AM
as an update to this, the fax shows as installed by the machine (configuration page), i can test functions of the fax, via fax test mode.
firmware has been updated to g20-c8 (released about a week ago)

as suggested by mr spock, everything is turned on, marketing area is set to AU, appropriate for our area, initialised 5 times to be sure.

faxes can be received, but fax tx seems to be disabled by the machine itself ( installed fax in another machine, and it works fine for both tx and rx)

just looking through soft switches now to see if i can find anything that might help, as i cant think of anything else that would work.

occus
01-21-2014, 07:26 AM
you test in a other machine, but the same location? same cable?
factory reset? print out the management list and compare with the other machine, all adjustments and software switchs

the faxkit use the internal memory of the machine, but i don't think thats the problem...

MDR24
01-21-2014, 11:24 AM
We've had a few FK-511's come up with this if you turn off the Prefix/Suffix function it usually brings the on hook function back. I believe there was a bulletin on this.

Utility - Admin Settings - System connection - prefix/suffix auto settings - turn off

Just checked the bulletin is TAEU1300028EN

hope this helps

emujo
01-21-2014, 01:48 PM
We had the same issue...looked in the firmware section of service mode and nothing was being displayed, the fax was installed in "Options" and would initialize properly. New fax was required. Emujo

BennyAU
01-22-2014, 03:44 AM
We've had a few FK-511's come up with this if you turn off the Prefix/Suffix function it usually brings the on hook function back. I believe there was a bulletin on this.

Utility - Admin Settings - System connection - prefix/suffix auto settings - turn off

hope this helps

this setting fixed it up

much appreciated.

RogerdESI
02-14-2014, 09:08 PM

hope this helps

This solution helped me with a Bizhub 223 having the same problem, will receive but won't send. Thanks for the info.

Custom Search