PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Jamming in drum unit of B601

Custom Search

Eugene74
01-20-2014, 02:29 PM
Hi there,

I have a B601 with about 600K copies on. The machine started jamming in the drum unit and then you'll find the paper in the recycling section. I have replaced the Lower corona, did a full PM service and replaced the drum separator fingers, solenoid as well.

But still I get intermittend jams in the drum section.

I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
Eugene

solidzdawg
01-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Check the drum seperating claws, you can either cheat the front door and see them if you get the right angle, better yet take the drum cartridge out and check for proper installation, tension, solenoid action.

solidzdawg
01-20-2014, 07:32 PM
I would definitely re wire the Trans/Sep w/ Fresh Coronas, that along with proper drum claw(s) operation, thats fixed this jamming for me everytime so far Best of luck

minimerlin
01-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Increase the sep corona voltage a bit, also watch the paper as it passes under the drum to see if it curls upwards. Maybe user has started using a different stock paper.

fishleg
01-20-2014, 09:09 PM
We had this, did pretty much everything said here. Was always first thing in the morning cold damp paper curling possibly. We changed the whole drum unit never did it since. That was after changing claws, trans sep unit, upping voltage and nothing seemed to make a difference. I hate the bizhub 601 :p.

Zackuth
01-20-2014, 09:49 PM
We have found a lot of success by cleaning the Registration clutch. We pull it, put rubbing alcohol in it a spin it a few times, then blow air through it to evaporate the alcohol. Before you tear into the machine, try that.

fixthecopier
01-20-2014, 10:14 PM
I have had to swap the plate that the drum claws are on.

EarthKmTech
01-20-2014, 11:21 PM
I've had this a few times now, usually it is whats been suggested already.

However, also make friggen certain theres no multi-feeding going on as it will cause paper to end up in the cleaning section. It usually can happen with one of the large capacity trays and changing the feed unit is the only way i've been able to fix it in the past in these instances.

PeterG
01-20-2014, 11:24 PM
I have had to swap the plate that the drum claws are on.

Yeah, I had a 7272 once that did this. It was a crack in the picker finger plate. You could only see the crack when the solenoid operated or when you flexed the plate.

Custom Search