PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Need to rebuild Creo IC-304

Custom Search

CluelessPrinter
01-21-2014, 10:33 PM
I just bought a used KM C6500 with Creo IC-304 controller. Controller won't boot. It gets to the XP splash screen and then goes back to bios. I don't have the install disks for XP and whatever other software is installed. Are the downloads available somewhere?
Thanks,
Tim

Synaux
01-22-2014, 06:11 AM
I just bought a used KM C6500 with Creo IC-304 controller. Controller won't boot. It gets to the XP splash screen and then goes back to bios. I don't have the install disks for XP and whatever other software is installed. Are the downloads available somewhere?
Thanks,
Tim

The OS for the Fiery is proprietary so you need to be a licensed technician or know one to attain it (or buy it). I am sure Justmanuals will post here soon.

You might wanted to start by doing some routine computer diagnostics--check memory, HDD, reseat CPU clean and apply new thermal paste (sounds like it could be overheating), check for bad capacitors on the mainboard, et cetera. I have had this happen with computers where the reset or power switch is faulty too.

dljorg
01-27-2014, 04:44 PM
To be clear... IC-304 is a Creo controller NOT a Fiery. Does the same stuff, different manufacturer.

Creo has three disk drives, kind of a RAID arrangement and it looks like from your description that one of the drives failed. Replacing the drive is not a big problem, just be sure you get one the same size and speed as the one you take out.

Software will be a problem. You need the original system disks. Disk 1 is the Windows operating system, different than regular XP its been customized for use in the Creo. Disk 2 is the Creo RIP software. KM has the stuff posted on a service rep only website but there does not seem to be any other source.

Creo is /was an Israeli company that had some hard times in the last economic slowdown. I believe that they have been sold to Kodak but not sure about that; in any case finding support is questionable. Have tried to get newer drivers for Creo controllers but KM is the only place I have been able to find them.

Sorry I can't be more help.

zietha
04-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks,
Tim
I can help you if you live in Vietnam

Custom Search