Newer customer
machine had a few issues fuser etc
they said they had had a pm done drums developer charge wires
drums look great so after fixing the fuser issue we ran 1500 81/2x11 no problem
their 1200 started with a line so they transferred jobs over to the C6500
ran 20K 81/2x11 form letters strictly B&W
after another job setup they went to run 81/2x11 duplex form letter
machine went into a C-2220 error

I cleaned the pipes spotless machine goes to adjusting then I here a click and the error pops
Checked transfer belt for movement
checked transfer belt coupling
Ran transfer motor in service mode
Checked all the drive gears internally
Checked developer motors in I/O mode
Checked Drum drive in I/O mode
now the machine will run all setups until I try to run Auto Color adjustment It runs awhile then pops the C-2220
on the belt I am getting good color lines all 4 colors

I'm a bit stumped

What else can I check?

thanks

Brian

JustManuals
01-22-2014, 03:42 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

ni311
01-25-2014, 05:01 PM
Right after the code appears, try to pull out the transfer unit and turn the belt coupling part with your hand; is it rotating fairly easy or seems to be locked? Also, with a little effort, you should be able to rotate with your hand the coupling part from the machine.

dljorg
01-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Agree with my friend above - check the transfer drive by opening the process carriage, grabbing the transmission output and twisting. should turn with some effort. Pin on the transfer transmission output can snap - is the pin on both sides of the shaft?

Listen for any gear noise - that click you hear could be a gear in the transfer transmission. Wiggle the output shaft, should be very little play side to side. In and out no more than 3mm.

You said you checked the transfer motor in I/O check mode. Were you looking at the timing disk for the transfer motor while you did that? Disk is really easy to damage and a warped disk will do this.

In my experience the most likely problem is that someone did not assemble the transfer belt unit correctly. Recent PM you say, did you do it? Is the transfer belt unit put together correctly for sure? Worth taking the belt off and checking that all is well. Use a straight edge on the belt unit side frames. Warped frame will make the belt wander and bind. if the belt unit has more than 2 to 3 million cycles it is probably time for a new one. At that point there are so many marginal parts in there that its tough to get a reliable repair.

Custom Search