PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 222 Scanning to SMB

Custom Search

RickBryan
01-22-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm having a heck of a time setting up the scan to SMB feature of my BizHub 222.
The instruction book is fairly straightforward, yet I can't get this feature to work.
I have the one-touch setup with the destination of my PC, 192.168.1.3
Then my username, which is myself, and of course I know my password
And the directory I'm using is C:\Users\Public
It's a Windows 7 PC.
I've also tried adding a \ to the end; that didn't work.
I've also tried setting up a one-touch SMB scan to my Ubuntu file server; no luck there either.

All I receive is an output page that the scan failed, with no detail as to why.

This would be easier to setup from the web-based configuration tool, but that doesn't seem possible.

Is there a "trick" to getting this setup to scan to a PC on the network? I don't have the hard disk kit installed yet.

Thanks so much

wseyller
01-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Make sure your username is correct as it might be different than the friendly name your computer display. Use a command prompt and type in "set username" to see what it is for sure.

Also I would not complicate the pathing to the folder. Just create a folder in the root of C drive called "scans". Make sure you share the folder and give the built-in username "Everyone" read and write permissions.

In the scan setting for the folder path just type in "scans". Then create a shortcut on your desktop.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

emujo
01-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Ensure file sharing is turned on (off by default in Win 7). Host name should be all caps if you are not using the ip address, path should be "folder/folder...and it may be a good idea to update the firmware on the MFP. Emujo

Blizzoo
01-23-2014, 05:16 PM
See if is a nasty antivirus firewall messing with you

igorp86
01-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Hello also try turn off password protected sharing under advanced sharing settings, I had simlar problem on w7

emujo
01-23-2014, 07:22 PM
BTW, that sheet of paper has a 6 or 7 digit failure code on it. It would help if you posted it. Emujo

douglasdouglasv
01-24-2014, 12:39 AM
Browse the network to your shared folder. Then double click the address bar, this will give you the path. This ensures the folder is visable on the network. Then copy paste the path, eliminating typos.

Phrag
01-24-2014, 05:26 AM
I've found in some cases, that having C://<file path> doesn't work. In cases like that, I'd use the host name of the target computer instead of C://.

cokwax
01-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Same problem with me. Works Perfect on XP machine, Win 7 problematic. Will also try suggested solutions.

ni311
01-27-2014, 07:01 AM
You don't have to put the full path of the shared folder. A shared network directory named 'Scan', on the C:\my documents\Scan, it will be seen just as 'Scan' on the network. I agree with the previous post, you should try from a network computer to read and write the shared folder, first.

RickBryan
01-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Ensure file sharing is turned on (off by default in Win 7). Host name should be all caps if you are not using the ip address, path should be "folder/folder...and it may be a good idea to update the firmware on the MFP. Emujo

Dude thank you so much! That was the answer: no "C:\" is needed!!

Custom Search