PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 284e network problem

Custom Search

igorp86
01-23-2014, 05:47 PM
Hello, recently I have installed 2 machines one is c224e and second i 284e(b\w) at same customer. From start I had problem with both machines on network, problem is that after 2-5 minutes machines disappears from network, can't access on web browser, but can ping ip adress. Update of firmware seems to be solution for c224e, but problem still remains on 284e no matter what I upgraded new fw. Any help is welcome. :confused:

emujo
01-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Ensure that the network settings of both MFPs exactly matches the customers architecture. Verify you have the correct domain, DNS, and SMB settings and that you are not duplicating any IP addresses. I also recommend that you disable the auto retrieve selections under the domain and DNS settings page, and if no 3rd party apps are running disable any unneeded protocols (Apple talk, Bonjour, IPV6, novell, SLDP, etc..). We have seen the MFPs adding the domain name twice and inducing scan issues. You can (with permissions) plug your laptop into the customers network and retrieve all of these settings and this also can rule out a few other problems...Once you are on the network verify you can get a web page, this can rule out any non-domain user settings that might be applied to the MFPs as unknown devices. I have also seen switches programmed to shut off when accessed by an unauthorized device. Hope some of this helps. Emujo

blackcat4866
01-23-2014, 08:57 PM
The first thing that I would try is to hard set the network speed to 100MB/Full Duplex. It seems the GB capable MFP's seem unable to properly negotiate network speeds on 100MB networks.

In my situation, it prints one page, then machine displays "Unable to complete print job." and the blue light on the panel remains blinking. If the machine is re-booted one more page will print with the same results. Print captures sent via LPR jar do not lock up the machine. =^..^=

igorp86
01-28-2014, 01:12 PM
In meanwhile I did everyting you guys suggested( alreday did most of that before this thread ), but no luck. Uploading to new firmware relased few days ago solved problems. FW is I think G20-C8

pepper38_cnd
01-29-2014, 12:31 PM
If you have 2 machines on the same network displaying the same problem it is not likely the machines. I don't know if you have seen the bulletin about not doing firmware changes on the "e series" machines due to SSD board failing during flash. Try putting a mini switch right at the copier and see if you still have problems. If your problem goes away you probably have a cat5 cable some where between the machine and the customers switch, all cabling in a 1 gig network must be Cat5e or Cat6 otherwise erratic network connections will occur .

Custom Search