PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C554 image/text shifting

Custom Search

ABMDaniel
01-24-2014, 07:40 PM
I have a customer with a Bizhub C554. I believe it still has the original firmware installed (from initial product release as this machine was ordered right as the C554 came out).

Last month, the customer was experiencing shifting of both red and blue text slightly (causes the text to appear blurry).

We re-calibrated the machine, replaced the magenta drum unit and the cyan drum unit. The result was maybe slightly better quality.

We then replaced the intermediate image transfer kit, re-calibrated the machine, and everything appeared to be perfect.

Now, the customer is experiencing the same type of issue, but now with black and not with any of the colors.

I plan on replacing the black drum unit and possibly updating the firmware, but I am unsure if this will correct the issue being experienced.

Has anyone found this issue in the past? It has me puzzled. The customer states that the shifting is getting worse over time, which leads me to believe that it isn't a board failing or a firmware issue, but I could be mistaken. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Attached is an example.

emujo
01-24-2014, 09:09 PM
There was a bulletin that addressed image shift issues if Bizhub Secure was turned on. Is this the case? EMujo

ABMDaniel
01-24-2014, 09:41 PM
While some of their machines are using Bizhub Secure, I do not believe that this machine is using Bizhub Secure. I am confirming this now with their IT representatives.

ABMDaniel
01-24-2014, 10:17 PM
IT says they don't "think" it is using Bizhub Secure. My normal contact is out of the office today, however I do have a new attachment to show. Maybe it isn't the hardware. He wasn't able to recreate the issue.

I've attached the document just sent over to me.

I had him print a document using 12, 24, and 48 point font in black then blue then red then yellow.

This has really got me stumped.

Konicoz
01-25-2014, 07:56 AM
forgive an old dog but have you done basics - are all the toners original and IU's $ T/B in the life spec. Update firmware ( we have had a few problems because of firmware levels on 4 and e series) Have you done skew correction and adjusted gradation again. Print out test halftone patterns and gradation patterns, see what they are like.
Other day we had a C360 (samples looked like your PDF-) changed dev (2x)... drum then drive unit.....High voltage board was chewed on by mouse that caused problem and made it look like dev/drum wasn't turning intermittently.

ABMDaniel
01-25-2014, 07:05 PM
All consumables in this machine are genuine Konica Minolta parts, never been chipped to extend life. Everything (other than firmware) is perfect on this machine.

Are you seeing anything wrong on the PDF? I may need to get some new glasses, but I didn't notice anything obviously wrong on the pdf. Note that IT wrote on the start of each job whether it was a color print or B/w print or color copy or B&W copy.

We've made several skew adjustments back in December, but haven't yet done any this month.

I'll be putting it through its paces Monday for sure.

I plan on updating firmware and seeing what I can recreate after that's been done.

Mitch Barron
01-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Greetings!

Hope you are all doing well!

Just to touch in on the issue at hand, and forgive me if i am wrong, but i think a beneficial move would be to sight in the ADF (service mode) of the copier that made that scan (the PDF). The skew of it is making the problem worse if not causing the problem.

Just my 2 cents.

Nice evening yall!

Let me know if i can help in anyway. I am still fairly new to the game, but feel i know alot now thanks to you guys and gals on here. My biggest problem is translating part names from German to English. This website is better than any course in my opinion.

Mitch

blasterlws
02-28-2014, 07:24 PM
we have the same problem images are shifted about 1mm. Nothing helps. After stabilization every thing ok for one or two days. When I print lines from service mode they are shifted from same colour

habik
02-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Hows the IDC's any dirt?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

B0265
02-28-2014, 10:45 PM
No P codes?

blasterlws
03-04-2014, 09:44 AM

Hello there are no P codes or error just the miss match of the colours .
The picture attached is after stabilization it looks good .
If letters are printed they have shadows of shifted colours .

ABMDaniel
03-04-2014, 07:41 PM
It's really interesting that someone else began to experience this issue just as we had an occurrence again. From what I found, IDC sensors were dirty, somehow causing it to successfully calibrate (poorly and intermittently). Cleaned very thoroughly and it was like new.

Check the warning counter and look for an unusual number of codes (P-21 seemed likely) even if not currently present on the machine.

emujo
03-04-2014, 09:06 PM
We had the same issue years ago with optics on the new "digital" MFPs. The MFP does a shading correction at power on to compensate for dirty/dusty optics so you don't clean every service call like analog machines. Now you're out of the habit and CQ drifts off, but nobody thought to clean the optics...after replacing components to fix the issue (drums, IUs) all it needed was a quick swipe of the mirrors. Emujo

tech51
03-05-2014, 07:03 PM
That does look a bit like the shadowing you can get on C451/550 when's the second transfer voltage needs adjusting. Might be worth trying to adjust it.

blasterlws
03-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Hey we just changed the transfer unit but did not helped. After stabilization and 20 prints from service mode problem showed again We have c353

Custom Search