PDA

View Full Version : C6500 error C-D0E0

Custom Search

maxtrax
03-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Hello,

I'm having a problem on a bizhub C6500. It first gave me an error C-D0E1 and after replacing the black HDD it gives me a error code C-D0E0. i also changed the IMCB IPCB and the OACB without any results. I also initialized the hdd refering service manual 10.7.11

I now disabled the HDD in techrep so the customer is able to use the machine.

Can somone help me??

twinax
03-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Hi,

Fisrt of all it is necessary to check the flat cable of your HDD.
Reinstall your old disc (black) and change only the flat cable with another one (eg: yellow) if you get the error code C-DOE8 it means that the flat cable is defective.

If the cable is not defect you will get the same error code (C-DOE1). after that install the new HDD and format it according to documentation. and test again. (note : to format a disc is not clear in documentation)

Or change the complete HDD units ( 4 discs), only the IPB pba can be involved for this problem.

French tip : You can make a ghost or acronis image of a good disc (eg : yellow or magenta) and copy this one on a new black disc, reinstall it, it works well.

regards,

random
03-19-2008, 06:43 AM
You will have to image one of the good disks to your replacement. Putting in a blank drive will not work as it does not have the correct partition table.

maxtrax
03-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks for al the tips, next week on Wednesday i will visit the customer again and try all of your tips and will let you know if i solved the problem.

random
03-20-2008, 07:03 AM
The HDD are no longer used for printing so have no benefit unless they do ALOT of copying from the glass. You will have to look for a disk image program that does a byte by byte copy to mirror the disk.

twinax
03-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi Guy,

The HDD are also used for printing, mainly for big files.

You can see in operator screen the memory used for job (printing) and the memory space is decreasing if you send a big file, when the memory is near to 0% , the print speed of your machine is very low. Sometimes an error code can be show up (memory full).

Use a copy (ghost) of an working HDD is a safe an quick solution.

Did you cross the flat cable?

Regards,

random
03-21-2008, 06:37 AM
In the second revision of the memory board (you will know this if you cannot upgrade past version 20) the HDD buffer was abandoned. If your memory gets full when printing I suggest you check which version of memory control board you have, we got these as free issue from Japan. The c500 had no HDD buffer and I have never seen one slow down except on a Micropress.

DO NOT use ghost to image the disk as this will not work. If you need to know the name of the program we use I can tell you on Tuesday as we are on holiday until then.

maxtrax
03-21-2008, 07:22 AM
I'm very intrested in the program name. I already made an image with acronis of a working HDD from an other machine.

The engine has R27 and the new memory board. I also changed the flat cable as it comes within the HDD in our company.

twinax
03-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi,

To sovle this kind of problem on C6500 and also other product, I very often use an image disk build with acronis it works well.

I've this image disc but due to the size of this one, I don't know if I can send this one by ftp site to you.

maxtrax
03-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Last week we left the customer with DipSW 2 set to 0 (HDD off) so the customer was able to use the machine.

Today we visited the customer again as we wanted to place an image on the empty black HDD giving use the trouble D0E0.

Before i started i turned DipSW 2 to 1 (HDD on) and i was surprised to see everyting was OK again and no error showed up any more.

So, i didnt do anything to solve the problem but it's gone. I gess we have an self healing HDD.

Every HDD we receive from stock has 2 partitions 28 GB and 8.9 GB. On the 8.9 GB there is 512MB data on it.

Don't know how and wy but it's working aigain.

Thanks for al of your help

DWPWorks
07-03-2016, 01:11 AM
I received this error as well. Installed new HDD, but same error, so it must be a connector?

The actual code is c-D0E1 (k). Not sure what the (k) means, if anything.

Custom Search