PDA

View Full Version : C-350 void area

Custom Search

mitchl
03-18-2008, 07:56 PM
I have a C-350 that has a void area intermittently in the CD (cross direction) on regular letter(portrait) paper. It shows up on longer runs say above 50 copies, the void is perfect and is located 71mm from the trail edge and is exactly 4mm wide. The tech in the field has swapped out the LED bed, tried a different transfer roller and transfer belt, none of which fixed the problem. The machine is now in the shop and once I saw the problem it seems to have board problem written all over it, I'm thinking MFP board. Has anyone seen a problem like this before or maybe have some other input that might cover something we have missed? All input is appreciated and thanks in advance!

cobiray
03-19-2008, 12:07 AM
You might want to check the ribbon(flat) cables on the LED units and associated wiring. I've had bad LED assemblies and damaged connectors in the field. I don't know if it's tech induced or just bad components though.

minimerlin
03-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Also check that the dust collector on the registration roller is correctly earthed. There is a small tab at the front end that must be to earth or static builds up then upsets the control pwbs when it discharges.

See previous threads.

mitchl
03-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Also check that the dust collector on the registration roller is correctly earthed. There is a small tab at the front end that must be to earth or static builds up then upsets the control pwbs when it discharges.

See previous threads.

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner, good call minimerlin and thanks! And for your efforts you win the big bucket of fresh hog livers!

minimerlin
03-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner, good call minimerlin and thanks! And for your efforts you win the big bucket of fresh hog livers!
You are welcome sir! I was tearing out my hair when I had the fault myself, it seems to happen quite a lot on these units.

Custom Search