PDA

View Full Version : imagistics 3510/ sharp 350 ?

Custom Search

jpcopy
03-18-2008, 10:15 PM
is there a generic product code to let you enable scan. we know some of our machines will scan as we hooked up one and it did it. trouble is we tried to make it work on another ( lower count machine ) and thru swapping parts neither machine will now scan. both copy fine. when you go to the input product key ( we have a couple) it tells you to call tech support before entering product key. when entering these product code we get an error message.we are not sure if codes we have go with the copiers and we are sure that the copier that was scanning was not in trial mode. we can get the machines to scan in trial mode and how long does the trial mode last. and help appricated
jp

blackcat4866
03-19-2008, 01:13 AM
The code was assigned by Sharp (or Imagistics) and assigned to a specific serial # machine. To my knowledge there is no default or universal code. Trial mode can be enabled in simulation 26-10 and is good for 500 pages.

Your only hope is to plead with Sharp (or Imagistics) to get them to re-assign you a new code.

=^..^=

arriva1
04-30-2008, 03:51 AM
Blackcat is right you have to get a new code. There is no way around it that I have heard of. Good luck

sleclerc
05-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I contacted Oce about 6 months ago because we lost our product code for the network scanning option and someone had accidentally removed it from the device. They confirmed we had purchased it at one time but informed us that they don't keep records of what code was issued. They would not issue us a new one and wanted us to buy a new 10-user license to re-enable it. Now that's what I call customer service! :mad:

Yes, we are stubborn and we did not decide to buy a new license for it. If you ever find a fix I'd love to hear about it.

Custom Search