PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 283 JAM 32 on start-up only with finisher installer

Custom Search

andyf424
01-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Let's see what you guys think as I'm totally stressed out and waiting for Konica to call back.

Machine is a Bizhub 283 with a FS-527. Finisher was squeaking, took top portion apart and lubed white rollers that seem to squeak a lot and any other parts related with a dab of high temp lube. Put everything back and machine shows a phantom jam 32 on boot. Manual says PS3 exit sensor which checks out in state confirmation (native 0 pressed 1). Unhook fs-527 and transport unit, machine fires up and functions fine. Firmware is up-to-date.

Suggestions?:confused: Murphy's law, this account is outside of my territory, an hour drive one way and they're pretty demanding. I can't blame them though as nothing has gone smoothly with this account.

Andy

copier addict
01-31-2014, 12:33 AM
Check the connector that goes from the transport section to the finisher. If they aren't inserted completely it will show a jam.
Hope this helps
Darren

copier tech
01-31-2014, 09:54 AM
I would take the finisher out & retrace what you did, most likely a sensor or actuator knocked out of position, as it worked before but just had a squeak!?

andyf424
02-04-2014, 08:33 PM
I went over my work a couple of times, re-checking all connectors and making sure sensors were seated correctly. The harness between the transport unit and the finisher looked OK but after closer inspection, one of the pins, farthest towards the back of the machine looks short. Not bent but shorter than the other pins. I'm going to replace the harness first thing tomorrow.

**fingers crossed**

andyf424
02-10-2014, 03:48 PM
New wiring harness and FSpcb cleared the phantom jamming issue but I was still getting random jamming at the black guide plates. Finally given authorization to put a different finisher at the site and send the faulty one to the shop. In my professional opinion, the finisher was possessed by a poltergeist.

Custom Search