PDA

View Full Version : Need to format the HDD on a Konica Minolta C552

Custom Search

copyman20
01-31-2014, 07:53 PM
I need to format the HDD on 2 of these machines at a doctor's office. have not worked on these very often. can someone give me some step by step instruction on how to get this done?

Thank you in advance.

street951
01-31-2014, 10:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Kh0gWZiO8
in system1 or system2 tab should come the HDD FORMAT option or something

copyman20
01-31-2014, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the link.

copier tech
02-02-2014, 09:36 PM
I have a customer that after we removed their C552 & C353 machines they wanted the HDDs removed, so I stripped them out & gave them to the customer, so all good.But now I have the machines with missing hard drives, if I simply fit new drives what do I need to do, eg do I need to reload firmware etc? Any advice would be appreciated.

TheOwl
02-02-2014, 09:44 PM
I have a customer that after we removed their C552 & C353 machines they wanted the HDDs removed, so I stripped them out & gave them to the customer, so all good.But now I have the machines with missing hard drives, if I simply fit new drives what do I need to do, eg do I need to reload firmware etc? Any advice would be appreciated.

Probably should have started another thread for this one... But anyway.

The HDD's in Konica Minolta devices (as well as pretty much any other device) are simply just an off the shelf HDD. Make sure that when you get an HDD to replace the missing drives, you get a drive that is the same size or larger.

Once the HDD is fitted, do a Logical Format from service mode and then you are done on the C353. On the C552, you will then also need to load on the animation data from a USB drive and using "Install" in System 1 or 2.

AlSyed
03-22-2020, 01:00 AM
"The HDD's in Konica Minolta devices (as well as pretty much any other device) are simply just an off the shelf HDD."
Sorry for my ignorance but recent models do not take the regular 3.5 HDD, The new ones take some special ones as I understand.

Make sure that when you get an HDD to replace the missing drives, you get a drive that is the same size or larger.
Larger sizes tends to give problem but same or almost the same sizes works.

Please share if you have any detail about the type of HDD for newer copiers.
Sincere Regards for your kind help.

copyman
03-22-2020, 02:08 AM
If I'm not mistaken with new HDD you will need to do the physical format first (can take hours), then do the logical format after

femaster
03-22-2020, 04:21 AM
"The HDD's in Konica Minolta devices (as well as pretty much any other device) are simply just an off the shelf HDD."

Sorry for my ignorance but recent models do not take the regular 3.5 HDD, The new ones take some special ones as I understand.

Make sure that when you get an HDD to replace the missing drives, you get a drive that is the same size or larger.
Larger sizes tends to give problem but same or almost the same sizes works.

Please share if you have any detail about the type of HDD for newer copiers.
Sincere Regards for your kind help.

This thread is over 6 years old, which is why the information you are quoting seems outdated. It's probably best you start a new thread that would apply to more modern models. I'm sure will get far more responses about modern drives with a subject that doesn't have C552 in it.

copyman
03-22-2020, 04:46 AM
This thread is over 6 years old, which is why the information you are quoting seems outdated. It's probably best you start a new thread that would apply to more modern models. I'm sure will get far more responses about modern drives with a subject that doesn't have C552 in it.

My reply was for more recent Konica Minolta models as well. I've even had to do physical formats first when swapping from one "4" series to another.

femaster
03-22-2020, 07:15 AM
My reply was for more recent Konica Minolta models as well. I've even had to do physical formats first when swapping from one "4" series to another.

I was just letting the other poster know it was an old thread, and they would probably get better advice if they started a new thread with a subject pertaining to newer hardware.

Nothing against you. Your advice was sound, which is why I didn't quote your post. I've experienced the same thing with "4" and "4e" as well. With the more modern copiers I've gotten to the point where, if I'm not at a customer's site, I just do the physical to start with.

copyman
03-22-2020, 01:06 PM
I was just letting the other poster know it was an old thread, and they would probably get better advice if they started a new thread with a subject pertaining to newer hardware.

Nothing against you. Your advice was sound, which is why I didn't quote your post. I've experienced the same thing with "4" and "4e" as well. With the more modern copiers I've gotten to the point where, if I'm not at a customer's site, I just do the physical to start with.

No offence taken. I only quoted you so other members didn't think it was just for older models only (which come to think of it even the 4 series is getting old)

Ouch! With doing physical format in customers office. I've had it take hours to do physical format. How do you do it? Do you stop back later in day? What if the customer is not under contract, how do you bill them for that. Hope I never have to do it but just in case. Fortunately only had to do in shop.

Added after: I misread the post and see you said when NOT in customers office. Oh well perhaps my post will still help someone to know it takes hours and may want to try just the logical format first!

tsbservice
03-22-2020, 01:13 PM
I think what femaster means is to do physical formats only on devices in service shop, not at client sites, basically same as you do.

copyman
03-22-2020, 05:08 PM
I think what femaster means is to do physical formats only on devices in service shop, not at client sites, basically same as you do.

By the way do you think anything I post is helpful and you like?

femaster
03-22-2020, 05:37 PM
Added after: I misread the post and see you said when NOT in customers office. Oh well perhaps my post will still help someone to know it takes hours and may want to try just the logical format first!

Yes, you are both correct, that is what I meant and I probably could have been a little more clear with what I typed. When in customer's office, I always try logical first. Physical is definitely not something you want to do on-site unless absolutely necessary. As you said copyman, a physical format can take many hours to complete and leaves the customers machine down for extended periods of times. It's definitely not a desirable situation for the customer or us.

tsbservice
03-22-2020, 06:04 PM
By the way do you think anything I post is helpful and you like?

Yes of course. I really have them all if you mean bulletins.

copyman
03-22-2020, 06:11 PM
Yes of course. I really have them all if you mean bulletins.

I assumed you are or work for a dealer or OEM and appreciate your input. And of course I don't want to give out wrong info so if you see anything that needs to be corrected please post. Like I said bored locked down in the house and just been going through my old saved docs and throwing stuff on here. Not really anymore docs to post at this point. Don't think I will be putting much else on here because the newer stuff should be exclusive to OEM & dealers only.

On another note with the rep cards, think it was you who posted a link to not show them. Unfortunately looks like it has to be an option the admin adds and i don't see it anywhere. If you have anymore info on how to turn off or delete please send link, I want to prove a point I could care less about them. Like I posted it means everything to some here but I think it's a joke, especially when receiving them for rants & raves, etc not related to what this forum was meant for, technicial expertise!

tsbservice
03-22-2020, 06:41 PM
I assumed you are or work for a dealer or OEM and appreciate your input. And of course I don't want to give out wrong info so if you see anything that needs to be corrected please post. Like I said bored locked down in the house and just been going through my old saved docs and throwing stuff on here. Not really anymore docs to post at this point. Don't think I will be putting much else on here because the newer stuff should be exclusive to OEM & dealers only.

On another note with the rep cards, think it was you who posted a link to not show them. Unfortunately looks like it has to be an option the admin adds and i don't see it anywhere. If you have anymore info on how to turn off or delete please send link, I want to prove a point I could care less about them. Like I posted it means everything to some here but I think it's a joke, especially when receiving them for rants & raves, etc not related to what this forum was meant for, technicial expertise!

You're close somewhat, I work for a dealer, me only tech ;)
As for how to not show rep. I frankly read through the forum FAQs and quoted, showing the link.
Have to check it yet from my control panel.

On a side note:
I have no slightest intention nor any ambition or rights to correct anyone here.
I have made some friends here, I learn everyday here, I helped others sometimes.
What's more :D

Custom Search