PDA

View Full Version : CQ Upgrade to NEW C654/754 or Keep putting money into C650??

Custom Search

methogod
02-03-2014, 02:51 PM
in production environment, only use for business color and short run production.

Alot of NCR, in grey scale, becuase it prints a better B&W then my 920s do....

in new C654, are imaging units 1 peice, are split in to DV and Drum for longer life?? i know on the C652 the Black is split....

Or do i just get a small kit C6501/5501...

thanks,

Synaux
02-04-2014, 12:12 AM
in production environment, only use for business color and short run production. Alot of NCR, in grey scale, becuase it prints a better B&W then my 920s do.... in new C654, are imaging units 1 peice, are split in to DV and Drum for longer life?? i know on the C652 the Black is split.... Or do i just get a small kit C6501/5501... thanks, Personally, I think the c650s are pretty solid after applying about half a dozen mods. The consumables are fairly reasonable as well. It seems to me that it really comes down to how much money to are looking at spending on your current equipment. You can buy parts machines in this series for quite cheap as well.

Synaux
02-04-2014, 12:13 AM
I don't understand why all my posts lately do not hold my line breaks...

ni311
02-05-2014, 05:22 AM
The C654/C754 machines are totally different compared with C5501/C6501. The first are machines that are designed to work in an office environment but with some printing production features and the second series are truly printing production equipments.
The developing units and drums are separate for all 4 colors, not in one piece like they used to be. The developing units last longer because the toner contains a percentage of developer and while the toner is fed into the developing unit, the developer is continuous refreshed. On the other hand, the e series which is now on sale is pretty buggy, I'm sure you'll find several posts with issues on this series.

Custom Search