PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Olivetti D-Copia 500 MF / KM-5050 network problems

Custom Search

Chillaholic
02-04-2014, 10:57 AM
I have a problem with a Olivetti D-Copia 500 MF which is a KM-5050 at Kyocera.
Two weeks ago the cusomer called us, the network connection of the copier is no longer working.
Their admin told us he tried everything but cant ping it, print or scan.
First we tried an other network cable, tried a hard reset, firmware upgrade,
nothing working, not even the LED was flashing.
Then we changed the main-PWB, reinstalled the firmware and all was fine.
Two weeks later the same problem, no network connection.
So i exported the phone book on a stick and made a factory reset.
No data were deleted, but the network worked again.
Again a week later, on monday of cause, the same problem.
Copier can be used but no network access, i did a reset, network working, prints incoming.

Does anybody have clue whats going on here?
Should i replace the second PWB too?
I changed the HDD when changing the main PWB,
so i dont think its fault data on the HDD.

Differently from this thread (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/showthread.php/85541-Km-5050-random-offline), the machine is not getting its network connection back by itself.
Only a factory reset is working here.
IP conflict has been tested and can be excluded.

dickierock
02-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Is it just me or does there seem to be quite a few of these type threads appearing here over the last while??
A lot of them on the Konica Minolta forum.

Op, is there any errors on the machine since board replacement?What do you think could have made the second board faulty?
Are you checking the network card with your own laptop/crossover before the factory reset?
I would be hesitant to replaced the board again as you may be going around in circles.
Maybe a power analyzer like Blackcat would suggest or maybe pulling the machine out of the network for testing.
Best of luck.

Chillaholic
02-06-2014, 11:56 AM
My thought was to replace the other PWB which is under the main PWB.
Yes I tried to connect it to a laptop, the network outlet has also been tested with a cable tester.
The network outlet is fine and i cant ping the copier with a direct connection from a laptop too.
But since I changed the main PWB at least it is possible to reset the machine and get it working again.
I have no explanation why it always happens on monday morning, although people are working on saturday or sometimes even sunday and are turning the machine on and off as usual.
I cant charge them every week for resetting the copier, also its time I waste every monday.
Thanks for your answer.

kkendric
02-06-2014, 07:10 PM
I think that I would investigate what is different about Monday at this office.

dickierock
02-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Why not get the customer to disconnect the machine on Friday evening until Monday morning to see if you
have any change in issue.

Chillaholic
02-10-2014, 04:16 PM
This monday everything was okay.
I hope the problem has solved itself, but I really doubt it.
The copier is being used on weekend too, the boss is sometimes working on saturday or sunday.
So they cant disconnect it on friday.

Custom Search