PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark C736n "Close Front Door" message

Custom Search

blackcat4866
02-04-2014, 12:24 PM
There are two interlocks along the right front of the primary transfer/drum units assembly. The first is a small black plastic feature that engages with a slot in the right hand rail. The second is a microswitch. Both clear at least momentarily. Both switches test fine ... then close front door message again. Has anyone seen this? =^..^=

JustManuals
02-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Cat - If you want the service manual for this machine, just shoot me an email and I'll send it along at no charge.

Best Regards;
Paul

Silvertoast
02-05-2014, 03:52 AM
2 things. have seen one of these do this once after the main drive was replaced. it wasnt installed correctly and when it tried to start up it would say to close the front door. dont remember exact details but after removing and reinstalling a couple of time finally figured out what i was doin wrong

the other is that it looks like all the door switches run straight to the sys board. so that could be the issue also if not the later.

blackcat4866
02-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Cat - If you want the service manual for this machine, just shoot me an email and I'll send it along at no charge.

Best Regards;
Paul

Thanks Paul. Much appreciated.

2 things. have seen one of these do this once after the main drive was replaced. it wasn't installed correctly and when it tried to start up it would say to close the front door. don't remember exact details but after removing and reinstalling a couple of time finally figured out what i was doing wrong.

the other is that it looks like all the door switches run straight to the sys board. so that could be the issue also if not the later.

I haven't dug in quite that far yet. Thanks for the comments though.

When I press the microswitch I can hear a fan shift to high speed, and a drive motor to come on, so I can be fairly certain that the switch itself is not the issue. =^..^=

Custom Search