PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta BizhubPro C5501 Colour issue

Custom Search

radymob
02-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Hello,
we have this problem (see attachment). Colour issue at the right side of the page23818

JustManuals
02-05-2014, 09:11 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

tecchie
04-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Did you ever resolve this. We have a similar problem on the same model but only with solid blacks down one side. Colors seem fine. Put up my own thread a couple of weeks ago with no replies.

mrwho
04-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Did you ever resolve this. We have a similar problem on the same model but only with solid blacks down one side. Colors seem fine. Put up my own thread a couple of weeks ago with no replies.

Sorry, missed your other thread, but did you check the developing unit?

tecchie
04-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Thanks for replying.

Is there a specific test that can be run in service mode to check it. I've had the unit out and looked at developing roller and developing brush and they look fine but don't know if you can even tell by looking at it. If something is printed with solid black down the front edge it gets washed out. Fluctuates from about 1/2 inch to a full inch from paper edge. Kind of wavy and not filled in solid. I know your issue was color. Weve installed 200k kit, swapped around black drum and charge unit with a color and no changes. Do you know what exactly failed on the developing unit you replaced so we can confirm or was it hit and miss with something you just tried. Contract customer so weve invested $$$ already and will take a shot at developing unit if necessary but would like to confirm (I believe dv units are around $500.00). Also did you replace developer or the whole unit. Thank you for response. Any and all help is appreciated.

kalindd
04-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Hey mate.

Yes you can run test 53, choose black and for density choose 100 and 255 this will give you idea how the black channel is.

I read your earlier post but it would be helpful if you post a scanned pic with the defect. Otherwise it's just guessing.

Anyway you can swap the dev tanks with one of the colour units to find out if your problem is with the black unit. Just either tape up the developer toner entrance hole or cheat the toner door.
Run the test and if the defect moves to this colour then your dev tank needs to be replaced or at lease take off the doctor blade and check for a foreign material there.

By the way the same applies for radymob.

I don't mean to be rude but I don't think that someone is able to help you out with this short information that you are giving.
Did your try any internal test patterns? 53 or 62? Did you swap or change any parts?
Is it on each colour or only on one of them?

Post some more info and may be someone here can help.

Cheers,

tecchie
04-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

I will scan and post detailed image when I return to the office but I did switch out black charge unit and drum with color charge unit and drum with no change. Haven't tried switching out black and color developer unit but will today. Problem is black only and along front edge of print. Thanks again.

grimreeper
04-09-2014, 02:08 PM
If you change the paper direction assuming this is an A4 sheet is there change cannot see this being a physical problem on the machine if you have a look at the logo it has no issues however the surrounding area in the circled area is different it looks like a shading problem perhaps adjust the quality settings in the printer driver or if you are using a PCL driver change it to Postscript driver also have a good look at this image the pc screen to see if there is not the same. Have printed out the gradation pattrens for the indivdual imaging units and checked that there is no issues on them. Good luck!

Custom Search