PDA

View Full Version : C224e auto tray switch???

Custom Search

SmellsHot
02-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Customer has letter loaded in trays 1(portrait) and 2(landscape) for offset......
They swear that their old machine (biz350) would still switch trays if tray 1 ran out of paper(not offsetting, just making a copy)
I've checked to confirm that auto tray switch was enabled and that both trays were in auto selection....
Is there another setting that I'm missing. I went through user and admin settings and couldn't find anything else to get this to work.....
Is this just a limitation of the newer copiers??

emujo
02-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Ensure that both trays are designated as "plain paper", highlighted in the auto tray selection list, ATS is set to allow, and "no matching paper" is set to allow. The last setting will allow the mfp to draw from LT or LT-R. Emujo

SmellsHot
02-07-2014, 11:51 AM
If tray LT tray is empty at the start of the copy job it will jump right to LT-R. But it will not switch if the LT tray runs out in the middle of a job to the LT-R......
Both are still turned on in APS, it's set to allow, and switch to tray priority...everything under system settings...
But...It still won't switch mid job....
I guess I can see why, but I want to make sure that I've exhausted all settings/options, before deeming this so...

emujo
02-07-2014, 01:12 PM
It might have something to do with "sorting". Possibly it won't switch if LT is the original source. Can you default to "no sort" then try again? Emujo

SmellsHot
02-07-2014, 01:38 PM
sort or group....doesn't make a difference.
I've tried turning off APS....no luck...
The thing that doesn't make sense is if it's not willing to switch trays, then why does it allow me to select the tray when it brings up the display to load paper and rotate the image correctly??.....You would think that if it wasn't going to switch automatically that forcing the size would cut off the document.

Like if you put the original in LT and press the LT-R paper tray....It will scan to 8 1/2 not all the way to 11 cause essentially your telling the machine what size the document is.......

weird.....right???

emujo
02-07-2014, 04:35 PM
What is the message displayed when the initial tray runs out of paper? Might help us figure it out. Emujo

kingarthur
02-07-2014, 04:54 PM
this might sound silly....put the paper on both trays portrait & see if it works, if it does, maybe it's something to do with "rotate" setting

emujo
02-07-2014, 07:14 PM
I tried it on our C454e, and you are correct, it does not switch trays...Non sort, non staple, LT in drawer 1 LT-R in tray 2, Both trays lit for auto tray, ATS and no matching paper both set to allow. Tray 1 runs out and message comes up on screen to add paper or select tray. If I tell it LT-R, it will pick up the job and the image is rotated correctly, but seems to me the older MFPs would pull from tray 2 w/o any user input...Will ask around. Emujo

SmellsHot
02-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Emujo.....
Thanks for verifying.....It's the stupidest thing.....Of course I have a handful of customers that like the paper both directions because they use the "offset" feature....
I've got a call into Konica.....i'll see what they make of it
Thanks

emujo
02-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Great, let us know so we can look like above average techs when we show our peers how to fix it. Emujo

Custom Search