PDA

View Full Version : a little story

Custom Search

blsquires
02-05-2014, 11:49 PM
one of the techs was working on a brother facs for three days .it was jamming then when he fixed that it would print three copies then it would come up with a fuser error.

so the machine so far in labour cost was about $1920 dollars (new price of machine $300)

I got a manual from paul at just manuals .download about 2 minutes check circuit diagram about 5 minutes .

put plugs back on the right connectors 5 minutes.give machine back to customer and charge workshop prices $90

so the point of the story is we could have saved $1920 and made $77.50.

Tonerbomb
02-06-2014, 02:33 AM
one of the techs was working on a brother facs for three days .it was jamming then when he fixed that it would print three copies then it would come up with a fuser error.

so the machine so far in labour cost was about $1920 dollars (new price of machine $300)

I got a manual from paul at just manuals .download about 2 minutes check circuit diagram about 5 minutes .

put plugs back on the right connectors 5 minutes.give machine back to customer and charge workshop prices $90

Unfortunately the cycle repeats it self..................

KenB
02-06-2014, 02:40 AM
It still totally amazes me that techs can be expected (if not demanded) to fix and maintain equipment without the benefit of a manual.

Would you trust your car to a mechanic who had no manual for it?

MR Bill
02-06-2014, 05:54 PM
How does a tech work on a $300 machine for 3 days? Who is the owner of this company ? How is this company stay in business? ETC. ETC.

emujo
02-06-2014, 07:54 PM

This is know as OJT...Emujo

slimslob
02-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Unfortunately the cycle repeats it self..................

So true. So true.

Custom Search