PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BizHub C353 color, How good are these

Custom Search

Gar the pilot
02-06-2014, 12:29 AM
We are looking to take a C353 in on trade and want to know if this would be a good one to resale? It has CC 228,500 black and CC 26,200 color. So far, the few color BizHubs we have delt with seem to run good. It shows on the Check Consumables image counts of 2227 color and 2365 black, Fuser at 313,400 and Xfer Blet at 16,300. Numbers seem good to me But the Boss wants Input how good these are and how the counts look. also any bad habits.
Thanks Gar the Pilot

wseyller
02-06-2014, 02:55 AM
Out of all the models I service they seem pretty good to me. Ive heard mention of issue with the print heads at times but I've yet to see any go bad. The IUs are expensive as hell it seems. I had one billable call to replace them all and the customer cost was over $600 each but you can chip them and get more life from them sometimes. Good solid machine in my opinion. I would make sure the firmware gets updated when you get it to eliminate any old issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Phrag
02-06-2014, 04:51 AM
We don't have any more in the field on contract here (that I know of.) Not many issues at all. I do remember one where I had to bend the Right Hand Side door back into shape. Duplexing wouldn't work because the gears weren't meshing properly. No big deal.

We've switched the the "C**4erratic" models now.

Dougtech
02-07-2014, 05:27 AM
I have lots of these in the field and have good luck with them...I feel these and the next gen C360-C452 are better than newer models as they still used metal for most of it instead of the newer ones which feel cheap...too much plastic.
Good quality prints, usually can chip image units for another life before replacing them. no probs with printheads here in Phoenix as it doesn't get cold :)

Gar the pilot
02-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Other than the odd storm, like now, we just get lots of rain. I would like to be out in a sunny state, but the northwest does Rain.

ni311
02-09-2014, 08:16 AM
The laser units problem usually appears if the temperatures are low. You can check in the Service Mode -> Counters -> Service Call if any laser related error codes were already recorded. The laser error codes are C-41XX and C-45XX. If there are already a few and the print head was not replaced, chances are for this issue to re-appear. There is a firmware that supposedly fix these issues, but in the field, the error re-appear even with this firmware. In the worst case scenario you will have to buy the print head assy which costs around $300 and contains 4 separate laser head; you can replace only the one that generates the error and keep the other 3 for later use or find someone who is selling just one print head.
About the imaging units, the fusing unit and the transfer belt: I can offer you a solution to get rid of this annoying life messages. You can see a few demonstrations following the links below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V3Op6IzvUkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qdYfpO72vT8
You can find more info on the website of this product http://www.bizhubreset.com
If you need anything else, just let me know.

Custom Search