PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Ineo 223 Fax card Error C-B003 \ C-B116

Custom Search

Gino_21665
02-06-2014, 11:50 AM
I have a problem at a client regarding a fax card, when booting the machine i get a message after +- 5 mins "Startup Failure" Reboot machine.

The other errors that appear are C-B116 & C-B003, i've tried the below :

1. Went into techrep mode, pressed System 2 and unset fax card 1
2. I rebooted into Trouble Reset mode and pressed trouble reset, RESULT OK...
3. Switched machine off, waited 10secs
4. Booted machine back up and Error gone, however
5. when re-enabling the fax card and plugging working (TESTED) fax line in, 5 mins later the error re-appeared

TROUBLE RESET METHOD FAILED

*I Don't have the latest firmware at hand because the HQ \ HO whatever you want to call it do not want to issue me access until the colour modules have been completed*

Before we order the fax card i would like to know if someone could supply me with the firmware ?

kingarthur
02-06-2014, 12:53 PM
We had the same problem on a Biz 283 a few months old, updating the firmware didn't help, ended up doing a warranty claim on the fax kit

Gino_21665
02-06-2014, 01:29 PM
We had the same problem on a Biz 283 a few months old, updating the firmware didn't help, ended up doing a warranty claim on the fax kit

Thank you for your prompt response, will definitely claim for the Fax kit.

Gino_21665
02-11-2014, 07:37 AM
Thank you for your prompt response, will definitely claim for the Fax kit.

Hi i have replaced the fax card and the problem persists, could this be a board issue ?

You say that firmware will not sort this problem out.

Regards
Gino

kingarthur
02-11-2014, 09:01 AM
I said in my case firmware made no difference

emujo
02-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Ensure you are following the install steps correctly, there are specific jacks for fax1/2. As to firmware, look in service mode/firmware/ and see if you have a version listed for the fax. If not I would suspect you have the cables in the wrong slots. Also ensure you have the fax set to the correct country code. Emujo

copytechman
02-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Also concur, the usb and plug in cable have to be in the correct slots on the mfp board or I'm sure weird things can happen... they have to match sides.

Regards!

A.

Don N.
03-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Also concur, the usb and plug in cable have to be in the correct slots on the mfp board or I'm sure weird things can happen... they have to match sides.

Regards!

A.

The line 1 connections are the far rt. upper and lower connectors. I have seen strange troubles occur when using a cord with 4 conductors. A choke on the line close to the copier will help with line noise. Add voip phone lines, and I HATE fax!

YOU SAID
"5. when re-enabling the fax card and plugging working (TESTED) fax line in, 5 mins later the error re-appeared"

I had a working/tested line that was happy with a $100 brother fax, but my Kyocera FS1128 would not dial out. Swapped the 4 cond. cord with a 2 cond. cord and it was fixed.

MINOLTAMAN1
06-22-2016, 06:10 PM
There is a new firmware out for B003/B116 codes. Should be the latest in the SPECIAL FW list.

Hansoon
08-08-2016, 04:53 AM
I have an Ineo / BH363 with the same problem. Changed the fax card already and did all as advised but problem persists. Anyone wanting to share with me that "special" firmware for B116 codes please? I have no access as an Indy.

touchpanel[at]rex-technika.com

Hans

Don N.
08-08-2016, 02:45 PM
I have an Ineo / BH363 with the same problem. Changed the fax card already and did all as advised but problem persists. Anyone wanting to share with me that "special" firmware for B116 codes please? I have no access as an Indy.

Hans
The latest Special FW 223 283 363 423 A1UD0Y0-F000-GDC-D6.exe says "A fax receiving error R07 occurs from Ricoh product due to unnecessary V.21 Signal."
Doesn't sound like your problem?
If someone will tell me what fw to download, I will be happy to share it. We use main FW G00-D6 on all machines in the field.

Gino_21665
08-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Hi all, just an update on the issue

By having an error on another machine i figured out what the cause is :

When in tech rep mode you have the Fax card as "SET" but the card isn't physically in the machine or its set to Line 2 and does not detect.
The machine when booting looks for the installed card when it does not detect it or if the card is faulty and does not detect its presence this causes the "Startup Error Please Reboot" if you unset the card that isn't there then error clears.

Regards
Gino

Hans

Custom Search