PDA

View Full Version : Km fs 525 says stapler can not be used

Custom Search

brent
02-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Took the staples out reinstalled. Off and on. Any thoughts on this? As I as on the road. Manual is back at the shop. Lol. Tha ks
rent

brent
02-06-2014, 05:40 PM
I was able to figure this out. well at least I found the tad document
brent

brent
04-23-2014, 11:36 PM
I am having a blonde day. I found the tad document. then lost it. and for the life of me I can not find it again
could someone post the tech advice document on the fix of this? also
this was reset by me. then it comes back. am I looking at a bad staple unit on this machine possibly to keep
getting this error code? machine is working. but won't staple.
thanks so much

brent

emujo
04-24-2014, 04:37 PM
Whenever the MFP "self isolates" a component, you must follow the on screen intructions...The user should see a screen that says "this part is malfunctioning, would you like to continue operation?" When you select yes, the MFP asks for a soft reset (sub power on/off) Now the MFP can be operated w/o the malfunctioning section. Once you have completed these steps, you must turn off power, fix the problem and re-apply power to get the faulty section back into service. If you haven't fixed the issue, the process repeats. Simply repairing the fault will not help as the MFP is now in a loop. EMujo

brent
04-24-2014, 11:46 PM
this model just said that stapling is not possible I was looking for the number on the tech advice document. to reset. then I was going to dig deeper into the problem. I have reset this before. it is in tech rep mode. just can't seem to find it today

brent

copier tech
04-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Once you have fixed the cause, go to tech mode, trouble isolation then set/unset the finisher, power off & on & the machine will staple (providing you have fixed the cause!)

rrrohan
04-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Once you have fixed the cause, go to tech mode, trouble isolation then set/unset the finisher, power off & on & the machine will staple (providing you have fixed the cause!)

if the stapler was reset by user as described by...
Whenever the MFP "self isolates" a component, you must follow the on screen intructions...The user should see a screen that says "this part is malfunctioning, would you like to continue operation?" When you select yes, the MFP asks for a soft reset (sub power on/off) Now the MFP can be operated w/o the malfunctioning section. Once you have completed these steps, you must turn off power, fix the problem and re-apply power to get the faulty section back into service. If you haven't fixed the issue, the process repeats. Simply repairing the fault will not help as the MFP is now in a loop. EMujo

then you defintley do not need to re enable it in service mode. simply power cycle (main switch not sub power) should bring it back online, unless of course you didnt fix the problem in which case it will return to the error and ask if you wish to disable stapler unit to allow for regular printing to continue

Custom Search