PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 500 code c2803

Custom Search

Downunder
03-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Hi Guys, working on Bizhub 500... 135,000 copies on meter, came up with c2803 -- TCR abnormality. Did trouble reset a number of times. Went into imaging process ran a TCR, fault still there. Added some toner to dev box, ran TCR again. Fault went away. Put the toner bottle motor under test, bottle turns ok. 300 copies later fault came back. Replaced starter, did TCR, no luck, Replaced ATDC sensor, did TCR, no luck, replaced print control board, no luck, gave the copier good vac and clean, Checked all the connections on the boards. at end of TCR run it comes up with "error 5" -- any help appreciated. Glad the weekend is here!

CMB
03-20-2008, 11:10 AM
C-2803 TCR output abnormality.
When the output ripple voltage of
the TCR sensor (TCRS) is less
than 0.5 V.
The main body
stops immediately
to turn OFF
the main relay
(RL1).

TCR sensor (TCRS)
Printer control board (PRCB)

try replacing the TCR sensor. and verify that the developing IS getting toner.

Downunder
03-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Yes I have replaced the TCR (ATDC) sensor and have replaced the print control board and have manually put toner in the dev box as mentioned in my initial post. The copier goes into C2803 automatically after trouble reset and the error5 comes up after running TCR as mentioned in my initial post. Thanks for the input anyway.

jeroen2005
03-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi,

Check if the drum unit and the developer unit are turning manualy and in the service mode and by bypassing the right door switch.If not replace the motor what drives them.It could also be the main control board what supplies the power supply to the motor ,when you replace the main control board you will get code C1183,this means you must flash the Image board with the Isw tool to the correct version.

Greeting Jeroen

CMB
03-22-2008, 11:17 AM
more info i found for you.

Description

Poor copy quality and jamming.

Solution

CAUSE: Pulling developer onto the drum andcopies or constant jamming at the registration rollers andconstant failing of the PRCB after it is replaced due
toshorted Toner Addition Solenoid.A longer screw wasinserted for solenoid which shorts the windings in the solenoid. Longer screw inserted when the C2803
modification is installed or the assembly is removed.
SOLUTION: Replace the PRCB (p/n 50GA-9020E), the toner solenoid (SD5) (p/n 26NA82513) and install shorter screws.
Note : Please review the attachment for solenoid location. To view the document(s), Microsoft® Word® or Word® Viewer must be installed. Word® Viewer
2003 (11.7MB) can be obtained free from Microsoft® at the following URL;
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&FamilyID=95e24c87-8732-48d5-8689-ab826e7b8fdf .

C-2803.

Solution

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1.The developer drive belt has fallen off, so the agitator drive gear does not turn.
Reinstall and adjust the tension of the drive belt for the agitator drive gear. If necessary, replace the Developing Drive Pulley-Lower 45t (p/n 50GA 1565 0).
2.TCR output abnormality.
Replace TCR sensor (p/n 26NA 8804 1).
Note : Escalation System Support (ESS) would like to investigate the cause of the sensor failure. Please send thesuspect sensorandthe assigned
SSDticket number to ESS at:
Konica Minolta Business Solutions
550 Marshall Phelps Road
Windsor, CT 06095
Attention: Mahen Shukla
3. TheHV supply unit has failed.
Replace the HV supply unit (p/n 50GA84010).
Note : Developer is also being pulled from the developing unit to the drum.
4. Pulling developer onto the drum andcopies or constant jamming at the registration rollers andconstant failing of the PRCB after it is replaced due toshorted
Toner Addition Solenoid (SD5).A longer screw wasinserted for solenoid which shorts the windings in the solenoid. Longer screw inserted when the C-2803
modification is installed or the assembly is removed.
Replace the PRCB (p/n 50GA-9020E), the toner solenoid (p/n 26NA82513) and install shorter screws.
Note : Please review the attachment for solenoid location. To view the document(s), Microsoft® Word® or Word® Viewer must be installed. Word® Viewer
2003 (11.7MB) can be obtained free from Microsoft® at the following URL;
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&FamilyID=95e24c87-8732-48d5-8689-ab826e7b8fdf .

random
03-22-2008, 10:57 PM
You say you have replaced the TCR sensor, have you replaced the tank? The only time I have struck this problem is when someone has removed the lid of the developer tank and the metal shims have fallen out then replaced the lid. This slightly obstructs the mag role and prevents adequate dev/toner from reaching the toner sensor.

Downunder
03-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the input. Went back to client today after long easter weekend, with dev tank from another 420/500 slid it in .... 2803 gone...
took the tank back to other 420 slid it in .... 2803 straight away.
So about to investigate problem.... let you know what we find. So thanks for all the help

Downunder
03-26-2008, 10:45 AM
ugggggh fault back again this morning. Replaced the Nvram board. Back to test again...... Bring back the DI's 450/470

dogsbody
03-26-2008, 11:49 AM
I just checked the parts manuals to see if the new 420/500's use the same "Toner Detect Board" as the 7020's and the like, and they do (same part number and everything).
On the older machines if this gets dirty (it may look clean but wipe it and you will see) you cannot perform L-detect (TCR), and get other funky errors.
You may have already cleaned it but if you haven't give it a go. (may have to do TCR again after though).
Cheers.

Downunder
03-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi "Dogsbody" thanks for input. The board that you mentioned is that under the drum?

Pulled the machine out today, will test it back at workshop . . . it's a challenging one, probably turn out to be something darn simple....

Cheers

ITCHYFINGER
03-30-2008, 05:24 AM
With What You Have Replaced Already, Try Replacing The Drum (oem) And The Developer At The Same Time. Reset Counters And Rerun Tcr Adj. I Have Seen Non Oem Drums Cause This Problem.

ITCHYFINGER
03-30-2008, 05:27 AM
With All You Have Replaced, Try Replacing The Drum With An Oem Drum And New Developer. I Have Seen Non Oem Drums Cause This Problem..also If Your Black Patch Dont Appear You Can Get Funky Errors To Developer.

Downunder
03-30-2008, 05:44 AM
Thanks "itchy" , yes, I will be doing a backt to basics call monday morn. Strip machine down and start from scratch, etc. Copier has only done 135,000, have already replaced starter at 135,000. Strange that everytime i change something fault goes and then comes back. Probably dodgy toner mechanism somewhere. Have experienced weird faults before on another Biz500 but that one had runup 257,000 copies. Once drum, starter, etc, had been changed and counters cleared, no problems at all apart from fuser drive gears chewing out at the 400,000 mark. But that's another story.....

xcopy
05-26-2009, 05:27 AM
We have the same problem can you remember what fixed it in the end.

mtgrizrich
05-26-2009, 08:14 PM
I had a 2803 and found the toner addition solenoid was not energizing. Had to replace the printer control board and the toner addition solenoid (SD5), then had to flash it.

rocky246
05-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Have you check to see what error 5 is. There was a chart on KonicaMinolta website that explained what each error meant. Just a thought.

Martin_alba@yahoo.com.ar
07-31-2009, 12:48 PM
I have a bizhub 500 with an error code of C2309, does anyone know what this is?

Thanks

fixthecopier
07-31-2009, 01:09 PM
With All You Have Replaced, Try Replacing The Drum With An Oem Drum And New Developer. I Have Seen Non Oem Drums Cause This Problem..also If Your Black Patch Dont Appear You Can Get Funky Errors To Developer.

If the count on the drum and developer are off by a lot, it will wreck your world. Drum and developer should go at about the same time.

sherryhuang00001
07-31-2009, 01:35 PM
We are a manufacturer of toner chip and toner cartridges for laser printer . please check our price list at your attachment!
To tell you a good news,now we have worked out many new chips with almost the best quality in China,Such as Samsung SCX-4828,OKI B4500,OKI 2200,OKI 2400,OKI 4400,OKI 4600,OKI 4100DN,OKI 4300DN, Samsung ML-1640,Samsung CLP-315 and Samsung CLP-310,Samsung SCX-4300,Samsung ML-2240 printer mainboard chip,Olivette D.COPIA 300MF ,M200chip,Epson Aculaser M2000D toner chip,KyocerA TK-710/TYK-712 chip,Samsung CLP-350 ,HP Black Universal chip,HP 1600/2600,3600,Kyocera Kyocera TK-715,675,130,140,310,312,320,322,330,332 etc chip,HPC1215 chip,Lexmark C522 chip,Samsung CLP-300 chip ,Xerox C1110/Dell 1320 chip,HP 36A ,Epson 2600,HP 2020,HP 2025,HP 2035,HP 2055 ,HP P4014,HP P4015 ,Xerox DC7760 toner chip and Xerox Phaser 7760 drum chip etc...

www.printercolorltd.com

thuo
07-31-2009, 01:53 PM
check the home position sensor for the toner bottle.make sure its clean and in position.otherwise you need to modify the toner bottle mechanism so that the notch actuates the sensor properly

tritwi
06-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Hi Guys, working on Bizhub 500... 135,000 copies on meter, came up with c2803 -- TCR abnormality. Did trouble reset a number of times. Went into imaging process ran a TCR, fault still there. Added some toner to dev box, ran TCR again. Fault went away. Put the toner bottle motor under test, bottle turns ok. 300 copies later fault came back. Replaced starter, did TCR, no luck, Replaced ATDC sensor, did TCR, no luck, replaced print control board, no luck, gave the copier good vac and clean, Checked all the connections on the boards. at end of TCR run it comes up with "error 5" -- any help appreciated. Glad the weekend is here!

Hi,
I had this kind of trouble many many times with this series of machines. The problem is in the toner supply unit. You have to remove the back cover and the main board then you'll have access to the toner supply unit. Strip it and check all the gears especially the one made of two parts and blocked by the small plastic arm. I usually replace all the toner supply unit. You might then have to perform the tcr adjustment again or replace the developer.
Good luck

Marco

digicor
04-04-2013, 09:21 PM
i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i DONT WANT TO WASTE TIME AND MONEY ON NEW PTS AND DV AND FROM WHAT IVE READ ABOVE, IT LOOKS LIKE THAT DOES NOT SOLVE THIS.

JustManuals
04-05-2013, 12:04 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

tritwi
04-05-2013, 06:59 AM
i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i DONT WANT TO WASTE TIME AND MONEY ON NEW PTS AND DV AND FROM WHAT IVE READ ABOVE, IT LOOKS LIKE THAT DOES NOT SOLVE THIS.

The problem is common in bizhub 420/500. You have to remove the back of the machine,remove the control board and remove the toner supply unit. I usually prefer to change the entire toner supply assembly but you can also try to disassemble and repair it. Usually the problem is a torn gear,the one coupled to the metallic screw shaped shaft. It sometimes turns and sometime it doesn't giving you wrong density and the code 28-03. You'll also see there are a couple of gear "one that drives another". They tend to split a little not allowing the assembly to turn regularly. Remember to carefully reassemble the unit taking care at the lenght of the screw that holds the solenoid and to reinstall carefully the solenoid actuator and spring. The part code if you want to buy a new one (the easiest thing to do) is: 50GA-320 1
If you have more questions email me and I'll send you the sm and part list files
Marco

marco1508
04-14-2013, 08:23 PM
check the hoper, specifically, the gear of the supply toner, I was found in many times the gear with damadge in the toohts, so the toner must be supply very slow and the machine display the C-2803 error, you run the tcr adjustment with the "error 5" display, check the hoper, also may be the icp in the printer controller, check it with a tester.

Custom Search