PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous SMB scanning on C360

Custom Search

emujo
02-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Got a good one....when you attempt to scan (smb), MFP errors with "server connect" error. If you try 10 seconds later, scan will work. I've set scanning up more than a few times so I have a pretty good handle on the basic stuff, but this one has me stumped..

Scanning to a 2008 domain controller, folder has correct permissions (I can log in to the server with these credentials and read/write to the folder).
One touch is created correctly...HOST NAME in caps (have tried ip address also), folder is on "C" root. user name/ password is the same as what was used to log onto the server (we have also tried the admin user name/password with and w/o domain name\user name)
Triple checked TCP/IP settings, and all matches...DNS is correct, Domain info entered correctly.
Have tried NTLM ver 1, ver2, and ver 1/2
SMB settings are correct, workgroup name changed to correct domain. Even messes with the NIC negotiation speeds (customer has a 1 gig network)
SMB digital signatures are off (domain policy).

No matter what I try, it will only get worse (server connect error always) or back to the working 1/2 the time. Of course, the Toshibas and Canons work just fine. I looked at the Toshiba network settings and everything matches to what is in the KM (except for IP address of course, and the Toshiba file paths need the "whacks" added)

Additionally, I cannot browse back from the MFP across the network, Unable to retrieve message. The only thing I can see that might be a problem is the customers domain...it is XXXX-XX-LOCAL.companyname.com. I have never run across this as a domain name before. Either way, why would the MFP fail the 1st time and work 10 seconds later. I have also disable the domain and DNS auto retrieve as I have seen where the MFP adds the domain name twice when scanning to email resulting in a server connect error. I guess my next step is to run wire shark to figure out where the process is getting stuck, but this is not something I am familiar with, and would welcome any tutorial on the basics. I have connected and monitored the port, but can't make sense of anything I'm seeing. Thanks for any and all inputs. Emujo

wseyller
02-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Sounds like you have covered most everything. If it were me I would just resort to using FTP and not waste anymore of your time on it. It is rare when I can't make smb work on a windows machine but it has happened once or twice and instead of committing suicide I just used the ftp function.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Moza
02-07-2014, 11:50 PM
Have you tried firmware pretty sure it needs to be up to date to scan to 2008

wseyller
02-08-2014, 12:03 AM
I think the C360 could scan to 2008 at release. Some of the older bizhubs needed a firmware update to be able to support NTML V2.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Mr Spock
02-08-2014, 01:14 AM
I thought I read somewhere that KM products do not like to scan to the root of a 2008 server.
Try a different location and see if that works.

JR2ALTA
02-08-2014, 05:27 AM
wysller said, go FTP!!

especially since it's a server,its always static.

i love having tricks up my sleeve and the more knowledge the better.

but the bottom line, if you can't fix it the customer gets impatient and you look bad.

i always use Konica FTP server, but i recently watched an IT guy apply Server 2008 ftp as a "role". it was damn impressive, scanned right to the folder without any software, kind of like the Macs.

emujo
02-18-2014, 08:16 PM
After some further tooth pulling with the customer, we found that this was not the 1st time this particular scanning issue has happened. The issue is looking like a "latency" problem, and the office was scheduled to replace their T1 line due to various other issues linked to this latency. Anyway, thanks for the posts, and I will report back when the issue is solved. Emujo

TheOwl
02-19-2014, 09:40 PM
I have seen this when using the host name, but not when using the IP address of the server.

If you come across this again in the future for the computer name only, make sure that you turn on DDNS. We have found that without this on, we can have issues out in the field with some larger networks.

The other thing we found is that if you ping the host from the network detail settings first and then do a scan, it seems to go through everytime.

Just some food for thought more than anything.

WildbillC
02-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Also you can try adding a network switch between the copier and the wall.For me it has solved a few issues with poorly wired or wire runs that are too long.

Custom Search