IC 305 driver without result.
Also i saw on a Konica Minolta service info's that
it can work with RU503 and SD 501 IN 1.1 VERSION
firmware,but i need with stacker instead SD501.Did
anybody meet this situation?

thanks,

ni311
02-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Maybe the schematics attached will help you, from what I see there, the LS excludes the finisher, you cannot used both. These captures are taken from the service manual

robocopy
02-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Maybe the schematics attached will help you, from what I see there, the LS excludes the finisher, you cannot used both. These captures are taken from the service manual

What i want to know is if IC408 works with RU503/504 and LS 501 or FS 503 with any driver possible or firmware version.

thanks,

jotunn
02-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Nope, it will not work together. IC-408 was intended to work only with LU-202 and/or FS-520/FS-607.

robocopy
02-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Nope, it will not work together. IC-408 was intended to work only with LU-202 and/or FS-520/FS-607.
hi,

for sure it works with pf601(tested) and also works with RU503 and SD501 ,but i need with LS 501 .Maybe someone else meet the same situation?

thanks anyway,

jotunn
02-09-2014, 08:43 PM
As I wrote - it will not work. If some functions works for you, it's just accidentally not intentionally - because of similar similar functions of both configurations.
Sure you can connect PF-601 instead of LU-202 (as well as other "large" options), and machine will work - I mean every functions related to advanced copy operations, but... printing functions will be limited because of software limitations in controller. Well you can select paper source as "Auto select" then "Paper weight" for your job and define your paper weight for one of trays in PF - controller should pass such job, and machine will feed from your tray. But it's just cheating - not working as intended. It doesn't matter if you have particular effects with driver for other controller or with "cheats" like above - you need at least IC-303 (IC-305) to run your configuration properly (or at least such software running on your controller).

Believe me, I know something about cheating...

methogod
02-10-2014, 09:35 AM
I may have a creo for sale. If you want a guaranteed solution...

robocopy
02-10-2014, 11:10 AM
I may have a creo for sale. If you want a guaranteed solution...
hi,

can you give me a quotation?

thanks,

robocopy
02-10-2014, 11:18 AM
As I wrote - it will not work. If some functions works for you, it's just accidentally not intentionally - because of similar similar functions of both configurations.
Sure you can connect PF-601 instead of LU-202 (as well as other "large" options), and machine will work - I mean every functions related to advanced copy operations, but... printing functions will be limited because of software limitations in controller. Well you can select paper source as "Auto select" then "Paper weight" for your job and define your paper weight for one of trays in PF - controller should pass such job, and machine will feed from your tray. But it's just cheating - not working as intended. It doesn't matter if you have particular effects with driver for other controller or with "cheats" like above - you need at least IC-303 (IC-305) to run your configuration properly (or at least such software running on your controller).

Believe me, I know something about cheating...

hi again,

i believe you,that's mean you tried to put another software on an IC 408 already and doesn't work?

thanks,

jotunn
02-10-2014, 11:41 AM
I tried and I did it. Works flawlessly.

robocopy
02-10-2014, 11:46 AM

hi ,

ok,i tried too but unfortunatelly it doesn't boot,maybe you can give me an idea?

thanks,

robocopy
02-11-2014, 08:24 AM

Well,there is somebody else who can share a "secret" ,here on a public forum? but only if you can help with an idea,not to tell me first it sure doesn't work and imediatelly to say you succeed in fact and work "flowlessly"

So anybody have an idea can post it here,

thanks,

P.S: Dear jotunn , i don't think you did it,i think you just want to be cool on the forum,what do you say about this?

jotunn
02-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Yup, you've got me... I'm 14 years old fb kid posting top model photo as mine...

You are expecting easy answers and complete solution for free in subject, where even Konica Minolta get answer "impossible" from EFI.
It's not that kind of knowledge you can find on google or in service manuals obtained for few $ in Internet.

You are also looking for someone else who can tell you "how" - there is only one more person who did successful conversion with a little help, but that's all.

__
Why you have failed? - read fast, I will remove that before google index this thread.

There are four main components of controller - operating system with software, BIOS, mainboard and interface.
All of them are "paired" - BIOS with mainboard through MAC addresses, software with BIOS through Product Code and Product Name, OS with interface through driver, software with interface through low-level functions (dictionaries).
There is encrypted area in BIOS where important controller data are stored - for example MAC addresses, Product Code, Product Name, serial number, date and version, installed features (controller options such as FACI, Graphic Arts and so on).
That's why you are not allowed to swap BIOS chip between controllers - when MAC addresses of network cards (stored in small EEPROM chips on mainboard) differs with those stored in BIOS, contoller refuses to start (showing error code or error message).

What's PCode and PName?
Pcode - 3TY2 or T700
PName - KM_Acacia_3TY2 or IKON_CPP650_3TY2 (in case of Icon branded IC-408) or KM_Monet_T700 (IC-305)

When you try to install software, installer makes backup of BIOS on HDD, then decrypts PCode and PName and compare with its own - when PCode differs installation process fails.

So you have to make BIOS image, then decrypt EFI area, change PCode and PName, encrypt, and upgrade BIOS in controller with modified one. After that you can connect DVD drive to controller and try to install software. After successful installation your modified controller will reboot and show you BSoD 7B. Few minutes later you should have this problem resolved, next you have to install manually drivers for chipset and network cards... and you have fully working IC-305 in IC-408 box...

Pretty clear and simple, isn't it?

robocopy
02-11-2014, 08:26 PM
ok,i'll try and tell you if i'll succeed,thank-you

Custom Search