PDA

View Full Version : C6500 skew

Custom Search

copytechman
02-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Hello all!

The problem: skew out of all trays , simplex or duplex, machine has the pf601 installed, skews from there too. Media : next step up from plain paper weight (81-105gsm iirc)

Tried: cleaning all transport/conveyance rollers. Replacing tray rollrrs, realigned pf601 side guides and verified pfu spacing. Tried turning off/on the deskew sensor in the pfu with little difference, machine has around a million total on it. Am replacing the deskew sensor in pfu as a precaution.

What else should I try? Machine has latest firmware and I have all the books!

Skew is greater than spec in the solutions database, am considering replacing all transport/reg rubber rollers up to the fuser, skew is before fusing, also has occasional wrinking as well.

Thanks for the help!

Regards!
A.

JustManuals
02-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Well as you all (or mostly all) know, I'm not a copier tech, but I would thoroughly check the registration area for the skew. This is what I would try on printers ( I was a lowly ole printer tech at one time.)

HtH

Paul@justmanuals.com

Timmytronic
02-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Hi. Sounds like the paper is at an angle....quite common. Does it do it from all trays and have you tried different paper not fresh but different brand.

Tim.

copytechman
02-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Well as you all (or mostly all) know, I'm not a copier tech, but I would thoroughly check the registration area for the skew. This is what I would try on printers ( I was a lowly ole printer tech at one time.)

HtH

Paul@justmanuals.com

Thanks Paul, the skew isn't consistent either, the reg area is another area I'll be looking as well as the loop values .

Regards!

A.

copytechman
02-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Hi. Sounds like the paper is at an angle....quite common. Does it do it from all trays and have you tried different paper not fresh but different brand.

Tim.

I'd go with that if it was consistent and I did check how the pf601 was mounted as well. It happens with plain bond as well.

Regards!

A.

lucky13
02-24-2014, 04:50 AM
for me it has always been the entrance rollers to the ADU the very first set of rollers into the adu the two white rollers do not touch the grey rollers or just one side touches and paper skews ,you need to pinch together the sheet metal between and out side the rollers narrow the gap so that the rollers are firm against eachother . good luck

methogod
02-24-2014, 09:07 AM
start simple, tray 1, 20 or 24# letter or A4, see how it skews. make sure paper cat. is setup correctly.

how many clicks on the machine?
is this machine run alot of heavy stock? are they pushing it out of spec (over 300 gsm cover stock)?

start with basics and work backwards. You know how many reams of crap paper we have seen, that we have to take face trim off to make straight...

eifling
02-24-2014, 09:47 PM
Have you checked to make sure your ADU is not sagging? Had older machine doing this. Noticed the ADU kinda dragged when pushed in. Turned out some of the screws were coming loose.

Custom Search