PDA

View Full Version : Minolta DI-251F Network card. anyone who really knows this machine well....

Custom Search

mailderrick
02-11-2014, 04:32 AM
I found for a network card for this machine off of a well known Konica Minolta parts place. They had listed the card as a NC-1 (4625-161). The customer ordered it and called us up to install. When we got there (me and another guy) we quickly realized the where the LAN is marked on the board the card did not physically fit. It also did not use the same connectors. We then checked the service manual which also referenced the NC-1 card. We looked around and there is no way that the card goes into that slot and we both think that it must be a misprint in the service manual. Anyone have any info on this or has experience installing a card on this machine? I saw that this machine can also take a network kit but that a bigger slot and not at all what we were trying to install.
Thank you in advance
Derrick

Hansoon
02-11-2014, 07:34 AM
The red encircled board in the attached picture is the NIC for the Pi-3502 controller belonging to the Di-351 series.

Even if you find one it will stop working soon as all of them did in the past. The NIC's have to be modified. We produce those modified NIC's cause we still have several rentals of these series in the field.

The optional smart card showing in the picture is needed if you want to have the scan function. (Card has been partially removed to have a better view)

it must be a misprint in the service manual

More likely a goof-up at your NIC supplier......

Hans

mailderrick
02-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Hmmmm, maybe i should sell him a newer cheaper machine with less problems. What is the part number of the network card and scanner card?

EarthKmTech
02-12-2014, 11:20 AM
The red encircled board in the attached picture is the NIC for the Pi-3502 controller belonging to the Di-351 series.

Even if you find one it will stop working soon as all of them did in the past. The NIC's have to be modified. We produce those modified NIC's cause we still have several rentals of these series in the field.

The optional smart card showing in the picture is needed if you want to have the scan function. (Card has been partially removed to have a better view)

More likely a goof-up at your NIC supplier......

Hans

These machines have been discontinued from support in my country, so I will never see one ever again but was always interested in what it was that failed on the nic.. poor quality soldering?... drying out electrolytic caps?... or is that package at the rear a battery backed nvram with a battery that will fail... interested to know..

Downunder
02-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Time to let it die ....

Custom Search