PDA

View Full Version : C654e + IC-414 sends job to wrong tray.

Custom Search

wseyller
02-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Issue is the job when sent to tray 2 it will always prompt for the bypass tray unless half-fold is turned off. This is with 11x17 and thick1
Updated copier to latest base firmware GC1-A9
Installed patches for fiery. Fiery is up to date.
reseat cables and memory on fiery.
Tried on two computers with Command workstation 5.5.035
Also installed the Command workstation version downloaded from the Fiery 5.3.1.49
Issue also appears with the fiery driver from various applications such as Paintbrush, Excel, Word.

Previously Tray 2 was set to thick 2 but they had image quality issues. They changed it to thick 1 and are now experiencing these issues. Even if bypass is set to for example letter/plain it still wants the bypass tray.

Also they had one of the emperon drivers installed too. I tried with this driver to Tray 2 and thick 1 set and it always ask for tray 1 whether fold is on or off.

Tray config of the copier
Tray 1: Letter LEF plain
Tray 2: 11x17 thick 1
Tray 3: Letter SEF plain
Tray 4: Letter SEF plain
Bypass: 11x17 thick 1

Here is a scan of the job settings, fiery config, and management list. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMJvNl_cG9KdjNDUzY3UFUtWGc/edit?usp=sharing

emujo
02-11-2014, 03:41 PM
It might be related to how you have the paper trays setup under UTILTY/USER SETTINGS/SYSTEM SETTINGS/PAPER TRAY SETTINGS. Are the trays setup for AUTO selection? correct order, media settings correct? There are thick limits to saddle stitching/folding. Can you do the job as a walk up copy job? Does the Fiery reflect the tray settings and can you do a config in the driver properties page w/o an error? Emujo

wseyller
02-11-2014, 05:51 PM
I have went into the paper tray settings and it is on auto. Bypass was unselect and all other trays were selected. I tried different auto switch settings and such. I just looked and the SM claims thick 2 as the limit. Also this job is only one 11x17 sheet folded. I will try a copy job next time I'm out there. The fiery does show status of paper trays correctly and their has been no errors of on printer preferences or properties screen when making change.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

TheOwl
02-11-2014, 09:54 PM
I might have my wires crossed, but I have a feeling that these machines won't fold anything other than Plain paper stock.

As for the jobs going to the Bypass tray, is it a particular application that is causing this such as Word or PDF's? There could be paper sizes setup in the document which the machine is trying to use.

wseyller
02-11-2014, 10:12 PM
I might have my wires crossed, but I have a feeling that these machines won't fold anything other than Plain paper stock.

As for the jobs going to the Bypass tray, is it a particular application that is causing this such as Word or PDF's? There could be paper sizes setup in the document which the machine is trying to use.

I looked it up in the specs that it will do thick 2. In fact they were previously using thick 2 but they had a fusing issue. They have the FS-535 with SD-512. It happens with many applications. Tried word, excel, paint and I think the customer job may have been indesign a guess from the ext I saw. But in the common application I set it up from scratch configuring the page setup.

saburnsjax
02-12-2014, 04:31 AM
It looks like in your Summary settings under Mixed Media, you have booklet cover selected to 'auto tray' and I have found on our 654e that will ALWAYS default to bypass unless I specifically set it to the tray I want the machine to use (regardless of hether actually printing on the cover during the fold/booklet process or pulling in a pre-printed cover)

Here are your settings under Mixed Media:
Mixed Media

Chapters:

Define Each Chapter As A Separate Flnlshlng Set:

Front Cover: l

Cover page mode: Both Sides

Booklet cover source: AutoSelect

Paper type: Document Setting

Output paper size: 11 x 17

Content input: None(use insert)

And here they are under Booklet:

Booklet type: Saddle (left)

Cover enabled: Yes

Booklet front cover: None

Booklet back cover: None

Cover size: Tabloid

Content input: None(use insert)

Creep adjustment: Off

Shrink to fit: On

Center margin: 0

Number of sheets in a subset(saddle): 2

Oenterlng adjustment: At the spine

Templates:

Even though the document has only one physical page to be printed/folded, the bolded entries are telling the machine there might be a cover and I think that is why it is waiting for the default tray (bypass) to contain paper before it will print the job. At least this is what I have found when printing similar jobs... I have to EITHER tell it NO NO NO on all the cover selections, OR tell it specifically which tray to find the cover paper.

Also - in the spec for the SD-512 it does indicate it will fold up to 209 gsm (Thick2) but note that it will only staple up to 90 gsm (plain)

wseyller
02-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Saburnsjax: thanks for the info. I will definitely try your suggestions on my next visit.

wseyller
02-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Saburnsjax: thanks for the info. I will definitely try your suggestions on my next visit.

Setting this to tray 2 allow it to work properly. Apparently is was trying to grab a cover sheet from the bypass.

habik
02-18-2014, 07:02 PM

Setting this to tray 2 allow it to work properly. Apparently is was trying to grab a cover sheet from the bypass.

Good Job!

Wish I could see this thread months ago or seen it earlier when you posted it.;)
I had the same issue. with 1.2 patch it meant to be resolved, unfortunately it is not. I had to make presets for printing booklets for every client as they saw it not logical and always faulted the machine. Yes it will fold, but only the Cover and the rest has to be Plain :rolleyes: for as long as you SPECIFY the tray and leave auto-select out. I was pulling my hairs until I discovered the "Normality". Even support didn't know that time:confused:.

Custom Search