PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C451

Custom Search

copyman
02-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Everytime tray 3 runs out and switches to tray 4 (other LCC drawer)it jams. Sometimes after that first jam it will work but eventually does it again. This has been happening about a year now.

I have rebuilt paper feed assembly with new rollers, clutches, & sensors.

I know there are a ton of bulletins on paper feeding issues. I have tried everything in the bulletins and still didn't help.

Any ideas appreciated?

Thanks in advance

mo0651
02-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Yes the grey rollers in that feed station need replaced. When you compare the new with the old, you will see the difference. There is a bulletin on it, but it is the rollers. Says they wear out at about 500k.:cool:

wseyller
02-12-2014, 11:32 PM
What is the jam code?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Synaux
02-13-2014, 12:51 AM
Everytime tray 3 runs out and switches to tray 4 (other LCC drawer)it jams. Sometimes after that first jam it will work but eventually does it again. This has been happening about a year now.

I have rebuilt paper feed assembly with new rollers, clutches, & sensors.

I know there are a ton of bulletins on paper feeding issues. I have tried everything in the bulletins and still didn't help.

Any ideas appreciated?

Thanks in advance
I believe there is a mod specially for tray 4 in the bulletins. Maybe someone will confirm this, or I will look for it tomorrow when my head isn't spinning.

EarthKmTech
02-13-2014, 12:50 PM
here's a really tricky mod for you

go get a C452 parts manual.

order the tray 4 feed unit ASSEMBLY

install it in your C451

forget about tray 4 feed problems forever.

END OF MOD NOTICE

methogod
02-13-2014, 11:13 PM
I have the same issue with tray 3 jamming in the conveyance tray above tray 4.

All parts in tray 3 have been swapped with a working machine, not sure why its doing this...

let me know if this could be the grey roller in the conveyance transport drawer... or the clutch/drive that drives this..

thanks,

EarthKmTech
02-14-2014, 10:21 AM
What is the jam code your getting from tray 3, this can be many problems and the correct answer depends on what the jam code is.

If its actual take up jams and you have replaced everything, replace the feed unit. Chances are the separation pressure arm has been deformed from techs pushing too hard on the sep roller to change it, when this happens its a bin job - reliability can never be assured again until the unit is replaced.

methogod
02-17-2014, 04:12 AM
replaced entire feed unit, seemed to be something more then a clutch or feed roller.

habik
02-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Yes the grey rollers in that feed station need replaced. When you compare the new with the old, you will see the difference. There is a bulletin on it, but it is the rollers. Says they wear out at about 500k.:cool:

they last only 500k >??? :confused::confused::( Sweet Thanks A LOT!!

habik
02-18-2014, 08:04 PM
I had C550 with similar issues. . what is the mileage on the machine.

I had to replace the LCC drive motor and a gear at the back for the feed of Tray 3 and 4 after I 've replaced probably all what you have plus clutches one way bearings, mylars, modified PF sensor arm. the lot.

Is there any sound differences you can hear from any other machine.. slight whistling or creaks are prone the drive motor having slight shaving against the gear and caused bad feeding... at least for me. Before I've changed it it was very loud and there was a lot of shavings on the bottom of the drive unit.
looked like this:)

Thanks EarthKMtech I will do your c452 mod from now on :)

emujo
02-18-2014, 08:09 PM
These jams can also be resolved by replacing the clutch that drives the tray 3 flyover. I've seen this clutch last over 1 million copies on the 751 style, and need replacing on anything newer after as few a 5K. The clutch has been ,re designed, and I believe the new design is causing the failure, so if you can get the 751 parts book and use the part# from it, I think you will be happy with the results. Emujo

copyman
02-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the replies.

emujo, what is the tray 3 flyover?

habik
02-18-2014, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the replies.

emujo, what is the tray 3 flyover?
I'll bet he meant the horizontal feed tray above Paper tray 3. Only to be seen if you pull tray. 3 out thats why is only 1000 sheets tray.

copyman
02-19-2014, 04:02 AM
habik, I think you may be right about the horizional unit. But it is actually above tray 4. I knew what you were talking about.

The horiz unit would not come into play when using tray 4. Like I posted my problem is when tray 4 tries to feed paper after tray 3 runs out and it jumps to tray 4 with auto tray switching.

habik
02-19-2014, 09:20 AM
habik, I think you may be right about the horizional unit. But it is actually above tray 4. I knew what you were talking about.

The horiz unit would not come into play when using tray 4. Like I posted my problem is when tray 4 tries to feed paper after tray 3 runs out and it jumps to tray 4 with auto tray switching.

:) Sorry my bad, I always think tray 3 is the one on the right must be old Kyocera habit :D

Custom Search