PDA

View Full Version : 7033 Loose Toner

Custom Search

jlvkfyang
03-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Does anyone know how to clean the machine when you start getting loose toner on your copies and prints. the majority is at the top and bottom, and the paper feels like you dropped it in dirt.

Thanks ahead of time.

JustManuals
03-21-2008, 07:34 PM
To do it correctly, you need a copier technician to come in and give it a thourough cleaning. You probably need some maintenance on it too.

HtH
Paul@justmanuals.com

jlvkfyang
03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
it actually is a common problem that we have had with this machine. about every 1 month it will start doing this. we call the tech, they clean it and it lasts another month.

we actually do not have a service contract for this machine anymore. we upgraded to the bizhub 253.

the tech has told me it is a common problem, and cannot be "fixed." So anyone have any ideas of how i can clean and fix it. i am pretty tech savvy.

CMB
03-22-2008, 11:08 AM
your tech isn't a very good tech is he? or he is just lazy? i'm guessing both. that problem can be fixed. i've done a hundred of them. start by replacing the following parts with original konica(OEM)parts. new - DRUM, DEVELOPER, AND A PM KIT. wouldn't hurt to replace the charge corona and T/S corona units, not just the wires. reset all the applicable counters and RUN L-DETECT. last, check both upper and lower fuser for ANY wear and replace if needed.

also check the mylar on the developing unit lid for wear. that mylar will let toner and developer mist out over the drum and make dirty copies if it is old and worn.its easy to tell because the charge corona unit will be covered with toner. that toner builds up on the charge corona to where it then falls off onto the drum. order a new lid.

cannot be fixed is a copout for rookies. if i told my SM that, i would be out of a job...

wagon
03-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Two ways of fixing problem
1) Dump 7033 in skip, do the world a favour.
or
2) Do what CMB suggests - he is correct.

jlvkfyang
03-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the info.

Do you think that the service company would honor the fact that they didn't fix the problem, and fix it now if I brought this up to them? Even though our service contract ended with them 2 months ago.

Probably a long shot, but do you think it is worth me asking?

wagon
03-24-2008, 03:02 PM
It is always worth a try - maybe offer to pay for the parts if they provide the labour for free or something... But be prepared to be told to go jump.

nmfaxman
03-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Stop running the paper longways-(letter-R).
If you run things in Landscape, try running things in portrait. The machine (because it it digital) will rotate the image.
It leaves toner buildup in the non image areas.
The first time you run something regular it will have toner deposits in the non used areas.
Running 50 blank pages tends to clean these areas.
This machine runs cleaner than most.

RockETop
03-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Stop running the paper longways-(letter-R).
If you run things in Landscape, try running things in portrait. The machine (because it it digital) will rotate the image.
It leaves toner buildup in the non image areas.
The first time you run something regular it will have toner deposits in the non used areas.
Running 50 blank pages tends to clean these areas.
This machine runs cleaner than most.

This has worked for me in the past. If the process unit had to be removed for any reason, the copies would be be-speckled with toner for the first 50 to 100 ticks. Give it some time.

Your tech may be new, these machines are not. A service company will not train a new tech on these machines as they are disappearing.

jlvkfyang
03-26-2008, 02:48 PM
The paper has always been run in portrait mode. Never in landscape. I have tried running the blanks, but nothing, i will try again later today.

As far as the tech goes, he is not new. I think that the service company we had figured it needed expensive parts, and discontinued our service contract last month so that they didn't have to honor it. We have since moved to a bizhub 253, but would still like to run this machine for in house copies.

Does anyone have step by step instructions on how to clean the machine? Thanks in advance.

Mark B
03-26-2008, 04:15 PM
All you need is a new dev unit

JEFFP
04-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Yeah most likely they know it needs parts or they really don't have a clue. These are really good machines, but maybe want you to upgrade.

I think if you like the machine put the parts in it. New drum, cleaning blade, charge corona, and developer will fix your problem. Probably your drum is the major culprit. I have used after market drums with good success. I usually get 200-300k out of my drums.

I would serious consider finding another company to service the machine. It is a very easy repair.

bushy
04-07-2008, 03:40 AM
b4 you do any of the above make sure you are using genuine toner
if not it doesnt matter what you do the problem will return

YOU MUST USE ONLY ORIGONAL TONER IN THESE M/CS!!!!!!!

JEFFP
04-11-2008, 01:23 AM
If you never worked on a copier before it would be difficult to give you instructions. Sometimes people say their copier is dropping toner, but actually it is developer. I am guessing that is what is happening with your copier. If thats the case repalce drum and cleaning blade. Developer feels gritty on the paper.

I still have a ton of these copiers under maintenace. Most of their supplies last much longer than the pm cycle. I would consider getting another company to come put the parts in. You don't need to get crazy and change every part.

By the way, I found that gentle pushing in the drum unit and cheating the front door white making sure it slips into the drive coupler, will keep you from getting the toner specks everywhere. Of just vaccuming the drum unit thoroughy will also work. Most people slide it in too hard and all the loose toner makes in way into the developing unit.

Custom Search