PDA

View Full Version : c650 erroneous paper jam

Custom Search

Synaux
02-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Got a P-14 error so I swapped the transfer and cleaned the IDC sensors. I also cleaned the paper dust collector and the transfer roller as well as the PH.
Rebooted the machine with a mysterious paper jam:
So I cleaned and inspected the entire back/side end of the machine (conveyance/duplex/trays b/1-4 paper paths).

There are no jam codes nor anything amiss in service mode.
Changed the transfer belt back to the original.
Flashed the FW because I ran out of ideas (and I had it with me) while I bought a six pack.

It makes several quick clicks that sound abnormal from the fuser "area" (not the typical gear grinding jam that you are used to on these models). Swapped fuser, no luck

I also tried bypassing the door sensor for the conveyance section and booted it with the side hatch open with the same error--this should give a c3102 error.
Perhaps there is something that I am not understanding regarding the startup procedure for these models...or I guess a bad board (that I didn't go near)?

Out of ideas--I think I covered everything--Oh Wait--I cannot print/copy.

**I took a video to demonstrate the jam-noise and will post it if I can get my phone to cooperate.**

Synaux
02-16-2014, 09:40 AM
Looks like the upload failed?

Its not very informative, but here it is again:

blackcat4866
02-16-2014, 03:21 PM
I think I'd start by individually checking paper sensors PS4, PS40 (OHP sensor), PS38 (timing roller sensor), PS41 (fuser loop sensor1), PS42 (fuser loop sensor2), PS39 (exhaust sensor), PS47 (ADU transport sensor1) and PS48 (ADU transport sensor2). =^..^=

methogod
02-17-2014, 04:08 AM
which finisher do you have attached?

I found if you leave the transport unit, plugged in and the finisher not plugged in you will get an error like this...

see if that helps just unplug the unplug transport unit. make sure power is off when you do it. then reboot.

thanks,

Synaux
02-17-2014, 05:02 AM
I think I'd start by individually checking paper sensors PS4, PS40 (OHP sensor), PS38 (timing roller sensor), PS41 (fuser loop sensor1), PS42 (fuser loop sensor2), PS39 (exhaust sensor), PS47 (ADU transport sensor1) and PS48 (ADU transport sensor2). =^..^=

Thanks for the reply, blackcat!
I followed your suggestion and found a nice 1+" chunk of fuser roller behind the conveyance section next to the fan--they joys of working on used machines. I am not sure if this was the culprit as I fiddled with about a dozen other things, but it was the only obvious thing I noticed.

I turned on the machine and got a C2353 - IU cooling fan. I then take the PH panel off and turn the IU fan to find it was jammed somehow--easy fix. Reset the box and everything is working (aside from needing 3 IUs and 2 toners...).
Now, I know I didn't bump it or anything today, so I must have done it yesterday, but I don't know how...the panels may be thin, but I cannot see how such a thing could happen in the environment that I was in (in the middle of an almost empty room).

I guess the combination of the fan not working and a sensor/sensors being tripped was causing the machine to get 'confused' and not throw a code?

Anyways, it working. Cheers!

Synaux
02-17-2014, 05:08 AM
which finisher do you have attached?

I found if you leave the transport unit, plugged in and the finisher not plugged in you will get an error like this...

see if that helps just unplug the unplug transport unit. make sure power is off when you do it. then reboot.

thanks,
I didn't notice your post...I actually, do not have a finisher installed or the transport unit.

Synaux
02-19-2014, 02:14 AM
As I said, I was getting the p-14 code, well after that weird jam, I thought I eliminated it, but it resurfaced along with p-21/22 codes.

There is a bulletin tackling this issue and I did just about everything (GC1-22 FW, Black IU, Color Alignment, Skew reset/Adjust, et cetera).

Anyway....I was going to sell this turd, but the guy randomly showed that I was going to sell to and as I was telling him that I was getting this code, but working on it. The moment I said this, the psychotic machine apparently got mad at me and began producing a wonderful potpourri of burning electronics.

Turned it off.
Located the smell coming from the PWB-J board (print head relay board).

I have another one, but I am concerned about the cause.

I was going to ask for voltages, but just found it under REYB/PH (5v yellow 24v red).

Either way, I think I can save the old board if I can replace just the IC5 Toshiba chip.
Anyone know where I can order one?
Google failed me - Toshiba TG63208APG[010kse]--bracketed numbers change on different boards.
Or perhaps someone wants to give up another board that is broken for any other reason??
(Ignore the red circle, I figured that out) 23954

Very last question:
With the machine operating like this, internal prints are about 1/2" from the leading edge and flowing off the back of the page from all trays--lead edge and erase adjustments are not useful enough here.
If its not the PWB-J board--what else??

Never noticed this before, but I am new to this machine.

Thanks everyone! (for reading another long post...:rolleyes:)

habik
02-25-2014, 02:55 AM
As I said, I was getting the p-14 code, well after that weird jam, I thought I eliminated it, but it resurfaced along with p-21/22 codes.

There is a bulletin tackling this issue and I did just about everything (GC1-22 FW, Black IU, Color Alignment, Skew reset/Adjust, et cetera).

Anyway....I was going to sell this turd, but the guy randomly showed that I was going to sell to and as I was telling him that I was getting this code, but working on it. The moment I said this, the psychotic machine apparently got mad at me and began producing a wonderful potpourri of burning electronics.

Turned it off.
Located the smell coming from the PWB-J board (print head relay board).

I have another one, but I am concerned about the cause.

I was going to ask for voltages, but just found it under REYB/PH (5v yellow 24v red).

Either way, I think I can save the old board if I can replace just the IC5 Toshiba chip.
Anyone know where I can order one?
Google failed me - Toshiba TG63208APG[010kse]--bracketed numbers change on different boards.
Or perhaps someone wants to give up another board that is broken for any other reason??
(Ignore the red circle, I figured that out) 23954

Very last question:
With the machine operating like this, internal prints are about 1/2" from the leading edge and flowing off the back of the page from all trays--lead edge and erase adjustments are not useful enough here.
If its not the PWB-J board--what else??

Never noticed this before, but I am new to this machine.

Thanks everyone! (for reading another long post...:rolleyes:)

Is it not by any chance this ic5 :)24090 ?

It may be, that you have misread the IC number on the chip. :) I also had no luck with Google, I did however had luck with 62308 which to me has characteristics of a driver that can handle the motors /fans on PH Unit ;) but before even considering to put a new driver back on board I WOULD check the fans connected to the relay board. Unless you have blown the fans with compressed gas to get the gunk out and it created negative EMF and tickled the IC5 :) which ended with a IC5 with not enough sunscreen :)

TG ?? or TD (Toshiba Digital)
63208 ?? or 62308 - 4CH LOW INPUT ACTIVE HIGH-CURRENT DARLINGTON SINK DRIVER
APG (Array Pin Grid) or just AP (Array Pin)

Let me know what do you think? And if possible and out of curiosity, can you take a closer shot of that IC5 ?

Custom Search