PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-203, "No Scanner"

Custom Search

Hansoon
02-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Colleague of mine got from a wholesaler a BH-C-203 with only 40K on the clock but otherwise unknown history. Unfortunately is the machine showing in the display:

Any idea what's been goofed up and how to correct? Don't want to flip boards from an other machine without knowing exactly what's going on cause it could be a settings issue or just missing harnesses.

Machine is otherwise working well as a printer and there are no error codes except the above message in the display.

Hans

Elmo
02-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Is the Hard Drive Turned on in service mode

emujo
02-21-2014, 01:03 PM
That's not it...the copier has detected a problem with the scanner system and has isolated the affected functions, or someone has isolated them in service mode. If the copier has done it on its own, then cycling power will clear the problem, if the functions have been isolated in service mode, then you will have to UNSET" them before you can copy/scan/fax. You might want to look at the counters to see if you are getting any trouble codes associated with the scanner to help troubleshoot. Simply removing the HDD will remove the scan to box features, but should not inhibit scanning/faxing in general. Emujo

blackcat4866
02-21-2014, 02:15 PM
... Simply removing the HDD will remove the scan to box features, but should not inhibit scanning/faxing in general. Emujo

I'll have to differ on this one Emujo. The machine I had this on was a bizhub C360, but the scan/fax and user boxes buttons just double beeped. No scan or fax or user box screen opened. Also the Utility menu buttons associated with those functions disappeared. =^..^=

darry1322
02-21-2014, 02:18 PM
Not sure about this model, but weren't you able to turn off the scan feature in Admin security mode if you wanted to keep users from being able to scan. For instance : the copier is in a secure area where you don't want materials to be sent from.

Maybe reset to default settings would be a good place to start.

emujo
02-21-2014, 02:53 PM
I'll have to differ on this one Emujo. The machine I had this on was a bizhub C360, but the scan/fax and user boxes buttons just double beeped. No scan or fax or user box screen opened. Also the Utility menu buttons associated with those functions disappeared. =^..^=

That would be what I expect if the HDD is unset, but take a look at the message on the control panel, the MFP has disabled scan/fax/copy. It would be the same type of message if tray 1 had a problem..the MFP detects the issue, asks the user if they want to continue, you cycle power to the sub switch and now the MFP displays message stating "tray 1 in not available". That explains why he can still print. I'm betting he has a C6XXX code listed in the counters. If this is what happened right after you got the MFP and turned it on for the 1st time, scanner drive system may have been bumped pretty hard in transit...might just be a sensor popped off. Emujo

emujo
02-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Not sure about this model, but weren't you able to turn off the scan feature in Admin security mode if you wanted to keep users from being able to scan. For instance : the copier is in a secure area where you don't want materials to be sent from.

Maybe reset to default settings would be a good place to start.

You can prohibit scanning with authentication, or account track, but if you did, the scan icon would just be missing from the direct input tab. The MFP would not display a message saying the functions weren't available. Emujo

acusso1234
02-21-2014, 04:35 PM
A "trouble reset" is the first to do...Seen this on a BH283 yesterday.

Hansoon
03-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Scanner function was "Isolated" due to a previous error.

Thanks guys.

Hans

blackcat4866
03-30-2014, 01:19 PM
It sounds like an easy call. We could all use a few of those. =^..^=

Custom Search