PDA

View Full Version : Electrical C224e

Custom Search

JSC
02-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Hi.

We have a C224e that boots up, but the LCD stays blank. All the leds on the side light up ok and the ops panel 'beeps' when you press the LCD. the print button stays orange. You can open a web browser ok, and send a print job ok. but all the drivers are set to secure print, so obviously can't input the pin with the blank LCD.
Konica Minolta say it can be one of 4 boards, which as we all know is a pain in the arse swapping boards on the 'e' range.

So if any of you recognise these symptoms can you give me a heads up please......

Cheers.

P.S.

Yes i have the manual thanks Paul. :p

copier tech
02-21-2014, 09:55 PM
I would start bybflashing f/w to the latest version, worth a try, you won't need the panel it should aotomatically boot/load from USB?Or could simply be a failed control panel.

jotunn
02-22-2014, 02:36 PM
I had also problems with broken cable between PWB-MFP and panel assembly in one of those machines, but I can't recall exact behavior.

copierguru
02-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Had this issue before. I was the hdd. Disconnect and see if it control panel comes back.

JSC
02-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the ideas, I will keep you posted.

habik
02-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Just flashing all c224e - c554e range with SSD Firmware to prevent it from overwriting the same page on SSD board. Check up on the TNEU140013EN bulletin. It may well be a different fault developed from the same " NO BOOT" issue I know you said it boots up, just to check the symptoms.
On the other hand you will need display to hit the start on the screen if you decide to go for the FW update of the SSD board. Hope it helps! Let us know what was it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSC
02-24-2014, 07:13 PM
As it turned out, it was the panel. phew......

Thanks all all for their input.

Blizzoo
02-24-2014, 08:06 PM
the print button stays orange.
You mean the Start button?if yes,why orange?
Ass well,thank you for earlyer response.

Custom Search