PDA

View Full Version : Canon ir5870

Custom Search

akhait01
02-24-2014, 05:28 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am seeing black spots in random spot on prints. All help is greatly appreciated.

northernlife
02-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Looks like the black dev is leaking

teckat
02-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am seeing black spots in random spot on prints. All help is greatly appreciated.

;>
Random black spots on copy

Copies and prints have random black spots.

The spots may be caused by a worn mylar in the ITB Cleaning Assembly ( Transfer Cleaner Assembly ). There is no part number assigned to the mylar, therefore the ITB Cleaning Assembly must be replaced.

ITB ( Transfer Cleaner Assembly ) PN: FM2-0522-000

akhait01
02-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Looks like the black dev is leaking

How do I check that?

teckat
02-25-2014, 01:08 AM
How do I check that?

take it out------------------------

but first -----Removing the ITB Cleaning Unit

get a manual-----------:p

dan7777
02-27-2014, 07:33 PM
I agree, ITB cleaning unit.

akhait01
02-27-2014, 08:16 PM
I agree, ITB cleaning unit.

Ok thank you. Will post results.

Canuck
02-28-2014, 05:56 PM
The spots are more crap colored than black...lol.. SPOT black from dev would be pure black...crap colored is waste toner from itb cleaner. Mylar out of position in cleaner or something as mentioned.

akhait01
03-02-2014, 01:09 AM
Ok seems like the replacement of its cleaner fixed one problem but here are the other issues I have found in the images.

akhait01
03-06-2014, 05:04 AM
Can anyone help me or give me an idea of what the heck is going with thiis printer. I'm stuck and any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again

teckat
03-06-2014, 06:09 AM
Can anyone help me or give me an idea of what the heck is going with thiis printer. I'm stuck and any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again

-------------------

first i need to gut the printer (remove all assembly's) and inspect/clean interior

Poor environment can cause electrical discharge between the primary transfer roller and the primary transfer static eliminator
Faulty Color Reproduction Caused by an Error in Primary Transfer ATVC:confused:
can adversely affect color reproduction.
perform---a
COPIER>FUNCTION>MISC-P>ITR-ROT

MAINTENANCE IS NEEDED:cool:
:cool:waste toner dropped from the Drum Cleaning Unit :confused:/did u check this :eek:

-Replace the Cleaning Brush with a new one:confused:
When performing replacement of the cleaning brush, check both of the gears for breakage. If they are broken, replace them with a new one.
Inspect,the teeth of the 24T gear and the 54T/18T gear-

1-next is u need a full developer change or replace dev units
2-replace transfer belt
3-Check the Primary / Grid> Replace
4-Drum Cleaning Blade=replace it

akhait01
03-07-2014, 05:32 PM
I don't understand it though... As soon as I replaced the itb cleaner this had happened. I haven't replaced anything else on it just the itb cleaner. Could it be that the itb cleaner that i installed is defective?

UOTE=teckat;406671]-------------------

first i need to gut the printer (remove all assembly's) and inspect/clean interior

Poor environment can cause electrical discharge between the primary transfer roller and the primary transfer static eliminator
Faulty Color Reproduction Caused by an Error in Primary Transfer ATVC:confused:
can adversely affect color reproduction.
perform---a
COPIER>FUNCTION>MISC-P>ITR-ROT

MAINTENANCE IS NEEDED:cool:
:cool:waste toner dropped from the Drum Cleaning Unit :confused:/did u check this :eek:

-Replace the Cleaning Brush with a new one:confused:
When performing replacement of the cleaning brush, check both of the gears for breakage. If they are broken, replace them with a new one.
Inspect,the teeth of the 24T gear and the 54T/18T gear-

1-next is u need a full developer change or replace dev units
2-replace transfer belt
3-Check the Primary / Grid> Replace
4-Drum Cleaning Blade=replace it[/QUOTE]

Gamut
03-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Toner build up in the ITB cleaning unit falls onto the supporting frame, when you cleaned/replaced cleaning unit you possibly knocked toner onto the transfer roller below.

Take out ITB cleaning unit again, also yellow drum unit, pull Itb assembly out from r/h side and shine torch into gap that yellow drum came from, use vacuum cleaner to remove all toner spilt.

Then pull out fuser draw from l/h side and clean transfer roll.

Refit all parts run up machine and sit down with a nice cup of Tea..........

akhait01
03-11-2014, 10:01 PM
ok so I removed all units cleaned them out with compresed air, installed back everything and then the printer tells me that cyan and magenta toner is out. I'm thinking this was the whole problem to start with, the printer was not recognizing that those two toner cartridges were empty. That is why the color was printing very light. At least I'm hoping that's what the problem is. I ordered cannon toner will let you guys know in couple days. Thanks for all of your support.

Toner build up in the ITB cleaning unit falls onto the supporting frame, when you cleaned/replaced cleaning unit you possibly knocked toner onto the transfer roller below.

Take out ITB cleaning unit again, also yellow drum unit, pull Itb assembly out from r/h side and shine torch into gap that yellow drum came from, use vacuum cleaner to remove all toner spilt.

Then pull out fuser draw from l/h side and clean transfer roll.

Refit all parts run up machine and sit down with a nice cup of Tea..........

vigour
03-12-2014, 12:10 AM
Is your problem the big light oval spots , or are you trying to show that the prints are light ?

If you are trying to fix the spots, make single colour PG5 test prints, to narrow dow where the problem might be.

akhait01
03-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Ok,

I'm looking for an honest answer. I purchased this printer for little over $1,000 with all of the parts that i already replaced to this point, I would have to say that I spent around 1,000 for parts. So, my question is..is it even worth it to put more money into it? What would you guys do in my palce?

Is your problem the big light oval spots , or are you trying to show that the prints are light ?

If you are trying to fix the spots, make single colour PG5 test prints, to narrow dow where the problem might be.

teckat
03-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Ok,

I'm looking for an honest answer. I purchased this printer for little over $1,000 with all of the parts that i already replaced to this point, I would have to say that I spent around 1,000 for parts. So, my question is..is it even worth it to put more money into it? What would you guys do in my palce?

================

u mean iRC5870 :confused:

sell it on eBay to a unsuspecting novice :cool: or carry a bottle of Aspirins to service calls :eek:

northernlife
03-19-2014, 05:52 PM
oh god, you blew the innards with canned air, now the toner is EVERYWHERE. 5870 is a 3100 to me, anyone caught selling them should be shot on sight. It is NOT a production yet alone reliable. I hate to say it but you got ripped off. I pay 1000 bucks for a 5051 with 300k on it off lease. I would have gone that route but hindsight is always 20/20

akhait01
03-19-2014, 06:54 PM
I cleaned all the parts outside with compressed air. This printer is junk.

oh god, you blew the innards with canned air, now the toner is EVERYWHERE. 5870 is a 3100 to me, anyone caught selling them should be shot on sight. It is NOT a production yet alone reliable. I hate to say it but you got ripped off. I pay 1000 bucks for a 5051 with 300k on it off lease. I would have gone that route but hindsight is always 20/20

Apach
03-20-2014, 04:23 PM
I cleaned all the parts outside with compressed air. This printer is junk.

I have 5 pieces ir5870-5880 and all working fine. The biggest problems are: broken gear(after 2x life time) on the fixing unit FU5-0176-010 GEAR 57T; FM2-0433-000 Developing ASSEMBLY (withstand more than the declared) and especially FM2-0394-000 LASER SCANNER ASSEMBLY (this is junk part). Filters should be changed or cleaned regularly. Others should, if necessary, regularly serviced. Currently I'm replacing them with b/w iR5075 and for color iRC5185i. Canon iR5075 if it is in good condition can make the 10k copies on NCR papers 60gr without jam. Same rules for color :)
The worst thing on Canon models is the finisher (In terms of accuracy). Unfortunately far worse than for example KM.

P.S.
5870 is not a color copier. Color serves only for occasional prints and not constantly doing full color.

akhait01
03-20-2014, 05:47 PM
thats what i dont get is this printer has 251K on it, its not a lot

I have 5 pieces ir5870-5880 and all working fine. The biggest problems are: broken gear(after 2x life time) on the fixing unit FU5-0176-010 GEAR 57T; FM2-0433-000 Developing ASSEMBLY (withstand more than the declared) and especially FM2-0394-000 LASER SCANNER ASSEMBLY (this is junk part). Filters should be changed or cleaned regularly. Others should, if necessary, regularly serviced. Currently I'm replacing them with b/w iR5075 and for color iRC5185i. Canon iR5075 if it is in good condition can make the 10k copies on NCR papers 60gr without jam. Same rules for color :)
The worst thing on Canon models is the finisher (In terms of accuracy). Unfortunately far worse than for example KM.

P.S.
5870 is not a color copier. Color serves only for occasional prints and not constantly doing full color.

Apach
03-20-2014, 07:21 PM
thats what i dont get is this printer has 251K on it, its not a lot

In the first picture you sent, I think the problem was in the BW developer unit (cost about 100-150 USD). I understand that you have purchased a used copy machine. If transported inappropriately then I understand why making problem. For last problem I think is to blame your compresed air. Not to be used compresed air on each part (especially in the inside of body) and you will probably need a couple of packages aspirins now it all clean and re-assemble correctly. Problems aslo arise when the copier is long time stay somewhere and it does not work. All parts again very carefully manually clean and follow the procedures from SM. Take a good look on translucent PVC cleaners they are not damaged or scramble in the wrong position.

akhait01
03-20-2014, 09:28 PM
does anyone know what error code E000020-03a9 mean? I'm getting it after prinitng around 15-20 pages. Thanks

In the first picture you sent, I think the problem was in the BW developer unit (cost about 100-150 USD). I understand that you have purchased a used copy machine. If transported inappropriately then I understand why making problem. For last problem I think is to blame your compresed air. Not to be used compresed air on each part (especially in the inside of body) and you will probably need a couple of packages aspirins now it all clean and re-assemble correctly. Problems aslo arise when the copier is long time stay somewhere and it does not work. All parts again very carefully manually clean and follow the procedures from SM. Take a good look on translucent PVC cleaners they are not damaged or scramble in the wrong position.

northernlife
03-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Please check Cyan Bushing ( FC5-1983-000 ) for cracks and replace if needed. Note: Be careful not to lose the small gears or pins.

akhait01
03-22-2014, 04:27 PM
All of PG5 test prints have white lines

akhait01
03-22-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm sorry for such a stupid question, but I have to take the Cyan toner and the deverloper apart in order to get to the bushing?? I can't seem to find it in the manual.

Please check Cyan Bushing ( FC5-1983-000 ) for cracks and replace if needed. Note: Be careful not to lose the small gears or pins.

teckat
03-22-2014, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry for such a stupid question, but I have to take the Cyan toner and the deverloper apart in order to get to the bushing?? I can't seem to find it in the manual.

broken bushing location is on the rear side of the rotary assembly.

broken bushing located on the rear side of the rotary assembly. see pic
The broken bushing will not allow drive from the feed clutch CL2 to the buffer assembly.
This will prevent toner being supplied to the developer.
http://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/13619.jpghttp://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/13621.jpg

check the Toner Supply Drive Bushing for damage. If the bushing is damaged the Toner Supply Drive Gear and Toner Supply Gear do not mesh and toner is not supplied.
Toner Supply Drive Bushing = FC5-1983-000

================================================== =
also check :cool:
with any sub code ending in A9 (ex. 03A9, 02A9). This is caused by toner is not reaching the developer unit. This is caused by a door that is stuck in the closed position. This door is located in the rotary assembly. You must remove the toner tube and open the shutter to see this door. See EXAMPLE photo below.

Solution :
Free stuck door or remove door.

akhait01
03-23-2014, 01:13 AM
The bushings are in good shape, the toner doors...they must be open all the time?

broken bushing location is on the rear side of the rotary assembly.

broken bushing located on the rear side of the rotary assembly. see pic
The broken bushing will not allow drive from the feed clutch CL2 to the buffer assembly.
This will prevent toner being supplied to the developer.
http://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/13619.jpghttp://www.techsupport.cusa.canon.com/cd/12/resources/13621.jpg

check the Toner Supply Drive Bushing for damage. If the bushing is damaged the Toner Supply Drive Gear and Toner Supply Gear do not mesh and toner is not supplied.
Toner Supply Drive Bushing = FC5-1983-000

================================================== =
also check :cool:
with any sub code ending in A9 (ex. 03A9, 02A9). This is caused by toner is not reaching the developer unit. This is caused by a door that is stuck in the closed position. This door is located in the rotary assembly. You must remove the toner tube and open the shutter to see this door. See EXAMPLE photo below.

Solution :
Free stuck door or remove door.

akhait01
03-23-2014, 01:28 AM

Should i clean the drum with anything?? Since I have this all torn apart, what other pictures I should take and show you guys. Also, the doors were half way open on all toners, I moved the latches on each toners to open the doors for toner. Anything else should I check for since I have this all torn apart??

The bushings are in good shape, the toner doors...they must be open all the time?

akhait01
03-25-2014, 10:43 PM
so i checked all of the toner bushings and found no problems. any other idea on why im getting these error codes?

teckat
03-26-2014, 12:20 AM
so i checked all of the toner bushings and found no problems. any other idea on why im getting these error codes?

----------------------------
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-IR5870Ci-IR-5870Ci-Office-A4-A3-Colour-Color-Laser-Printer-Excl-Finisher-/200895308682?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_Printers_Printers_ JN&hash=item2ec64b238a

Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or an item that has been returned to the seller after a period of use.:cool:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4328142848/h02009386/

akhait01
03-26-2014, 06:48 PM
These are the following parts that are out of their life span.

TRD-CLN
TR-BLT
TR-ROLL
2TR-ROLL
TR-STC-H
1TR-STC
ITB-SUPS
CLN-BLD
CL-SUPS

Any ideas??

teckat
03-27-2014, 12:54 AM
These are the following parts that are out of their life span.

TRD-CLN
TR-BLT
TR-ROLL
2TR-ROLL
TR-STC-H
1TR-STC
ITB-SUPS
CLN-BLD
CL-SUPS

Any ideas??

:cool:
TRD-CLN= Transfer drum cleaner------------------150,000 prints

TR-BLT= Transfer belt unit------------------------300,000 images-/ in the case of a black mono color print, counted as 1 image; in the case of a full color print, counted as 4 images.

TR-ROLL= Secondary transfer outside roller--------150,000 prints

2TR-ROLL= Secondary transfer static eliminator----150,000 prints

TR-STC-H= Primary transfer static eliminator-------300,000 images-/ in the case of a black mono color print, counted as 1 image; in the case of a full color print, counted as 4 images.

ITB-SUPS= ITB cleaner scoop-up sheet-----------150,000 prints

CLN-BLD= Cleaner blade--------------------------250,000 images-/ in the case of a black mono color print, counted as 1 image; in the case of a full color print, counted as 4 images (one edge in use)

CL-SUPS= Cleaner scoop-up sheet----------------250,000 images-/ in the case of a black mono color print, counted as 1 image; in the case of a full color print, counted as 4 images

Custom Search